Celebrity Chefs Table - worth it ?

We’ve done many a Chefs Table on Carnival and they’ve all been good.  It was better when it was $75pp before it went to $95pp but still worth the experience

I heard Celebrity Chefs table is $139pp but haven’t seen much written about it.

For those that tried it, is it worth it?

Are we better off doing Le Petit Chef ?

Unfortunately noone's posted a report back yet after actually trying it out!  I'd dearly love to hear on this too.  And if the wine pairing is included or an ADDITIONAL $60.  I'm really on the fence about whether to keep my current reservation or not right now!

For us the downer is that the Chef’s Table is in a private room of a speciality resturant not in the galley as it was on Carnival.  It is,IMHO, just a nice dinner but nothing like sitting in the galley during dinner and watching the waiters, chefs and others making dinner for the dining room happen.  While that was occurring we had 1 server for every couple, Chef cooking the meal in front of us.  We have done other chefs tables but none that matched the the ones on Carnival for the settings and service.

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Like 1

They can be a really nice way to meet fellow foodies. 

The new menu might tempt me but at that price I would like to read a few reviews first. We usually cruise RS so have speciality dining included however this doesn’t include chefs table.

I wonder if these dishes will be some of those being introduced into the Luminae menu?

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

... but none that matched the the ones on Carnival for the settings and service.

4 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

... maybe it’s not worth the +$500 for the two of us given the menu

What a shame

As we say in Texas, "Y'all are preachin' to the choir!"  I totally agree with both of you.

My husband and I did the Chef's Table on the Equinox last year. The cost was $300 for the two of us and included a champagne reception, galley tour, wine parings with each course, and private dinner with the chief security officer and the executive chef presented each course. For us it was hands down the best dining experience we have ever had and was well worth the money. With the amount of on board credit that Celebrity and travel agents tend to give out we considered it an 'included' experience (I think we had like $600 to spend on board). We also met some very interesting people who we still talk about today. We were by far the youngest couple there and were celebrating our 5 year anniversary. In addition to the dessert that was provided with the meal, they presented us with an ENTIRE CAKE which they delivered to our room afterwards. We ate off of it for the last two days of the cruise. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

I’ve reserved this for our 8/3/19 sailing on the Edge. As others stated, the only choice was day 1, which is fine for us. We’ve done Chef’s Table before on RC, and have done some specialty dining events on Celebrity before, so decided to give it a try. The description stated it begins with champagne and canapés, followed by a private galley tour. Also included are a printed copy of the menu, photo of the dinner, and a Daniel Boulud cookbook. Although it states that it’s held in Fine Cut Steakhouse, the description says location and dining time will be confirmed in your stateroom on embarkation day. At the very bottom of the description- “Wine pairings available for purchase onboard”. We have the beverage package, so not concerned with this, but our experience in the past was wine pairings have been included with chef’s tables.