Getting married/VIFP status

klguess

Does anyone know the procedure for my daughter to change her name with Carnival, and not lose her Gold status? And should she book now, under her maiden name? Will they allow a name change once booked? By the time the ship sails she will have been married 5 months, and hopefully her docs will have been changed over by then. 

I'm not a hundred percent sure but I think CCL has a VIFP hotline so I would call them to have her name changed. I believe a name change on a booking due to marriage is allowed without penalty. I'd probably do the booking in the married name and then make sure that the docs are changed by the time of sailing.

I was under the impression that a person’s name on travel reservations needed to match their name on their passport and /or photo I’d used for travel.

Your daughter can call Carnival and confirm what she needs to do about booking.

Book now in her current maiden name.  If, once married, she gets her passport and/or drivers license updated before the cruise, you can call Carnival to update the manifest with her married name.  They should not charge to change the name due to marriage, just make sure she is specifies why the name change.

If traveling without a passport and her driver license is updated with the married name, she will need to take her birth certificate + driver license + bridging document (ie marriage license) to show why the name is different from the birth certificate vs drivers license.

And your VIFP # will stay the same, so the gold status will remain.

Edited by jdoc2007

You will need her to call Carnival, but if she is using a TA or a PVP for her booking talking with them should suffice. To transfer her VIFP points to the new name she may be asked for the name bridge documents, in her case the marriage certificate, for others it could be the divorce decree, court approval of a name change, or adoption papers, to be scanned and emailed. It should ideally be done as soon as she has the "official" bridge document.

She should find out what her vifp # is if she doesn’t already know it. Write it down somewhere so you know where it is when you book a cruise. When you book give them the vifp# first and they can pull all your info up for the booking. That way you will always get credit for your cruises. After you give them the vifp info and they pull up the information then you can tell them the new changes to your name and they can input it in the system.  I had an issue before with having two different vifp #’s because my last name has two words in it. Some of my cruises they booked it with both last names combined as one word. I called and had them combined and put on one vifp#. My kids and my wife are listed as travel companions so as soon As I give them my number their info also comes up so they can add them to the booking without having to give them the info over the phone. 

Edited by splintz