Carnival Sunshine grand suites

mvwhiten

We are going on our first Carnival Cruise next week, leaving from Charleston for the 5-night cruise to the Bahamas. We live in Charleston so we like the idea of just being able to get on the ship and go. We originally booked an Ocean Suite but then we were offered an upgrade to a grand suite a couple of days ago, which we decided to take. Does anyone have any very recent pics of a grand suite on this ship? I understand this ship was literally just refurbished for the move to the Charleston port, so I was just curious if the rooms look any different in terms of decor, etc. Thanks so much!!

Howdy mvwhiten!

Welcome to the Cruise Critic message boards and thank you for your first post!

You have posted on a forum for general cruise questions. Your inquiry concerns a specific cruise line, Carnival. I suggest you repost on the Carnival Cruise Lines forum at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/133-carnival-cruise-lines/.

Click here for the complete list of all the forums: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/858-categories/

Glad to have you aboard!

Kat

Yes, I have heard the perks for a suite on Carnival are rather minimal, but we really did just need the extra space. Our two daughters, ages 14 and 11, will be with us, and our oldest is bigger than I am - she is literally 5’10” and 130 lbs! 🙂 So that was our reasoning for booking the Ocean Suite in the first place, and then miraculously we got the upgrade to the Grand Suite for free (long story!). Under the circumstances I guess I can’t really complain! 🙂

Yep you are correct - it is a sectional sofa with a pull-out double bed. My kids will survive! LOL 😂 They are just excited to be going - first cruise for them! 

Edited by mvwhiten