Best room type for 4?

21 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

You may find the total cost for a balcony for two and a inside for the kids will not be much of a price difference than a cabin for 4. 

That was kind of my original plan when I started thinking about this, but then I thought it wouldn't be much more for adjoining rooms each with a balcony.

Bonus question if anyone is still getting notifications - is it better to book early, like now for next June, or to take a chance and wait for last minute deals or sales?

On 6/9/2019 at 6:32 PM, cb at sea said:

Definitely 2 cabins.  Give the "kids" an inside cabin...they are quite old enough not to have to be next door to you!  Cabins are NOTHING like hotel rooms....very tight.

Oh, I know they don't "need" to be right next to us. I'm not concerned about them being far away. They're basically adults. I just thought it would be more fun to be right near each other. For all I know, they may feel differently about that!

45 minutes ago, Pixelfrog said:

That was kind of my original plan when I started thinking about this, but then I thought it wouldn't be much more for adjoining rooms each with a balcony.

Bonus question if anyone is still getting notifications - is it better to book early, like now for next June, or to take a chance and wait for last minute deals or sales?

I would book now to get the cabins needed, then check once or twice a week for price drops up until final payment. Any price drop for your cabin category is re priced with a quick phone call.  We have called for as little as a $25. price reduction.  Sailing  in June after school lets out would be busiest time of year, ship could be sold out in April.

1 hour ago, Pixelfrog said:

Also to note the amount of rooms available will get less and less if you wait as will the options for cabins next to each other or adjoining.

On 6/14/2019 at 12:37 PM, Pixelfrog said:

Forget last minute deals... Especially for a June departure.  So far, my experience is, the earlier you book the better the price.

• Like 1