Any thoughts on the Panoramic Oceanview Suite on Voyager of the Seas?

Just booked one of the few Panoramic Oceanview Suites on Voyager of the Seas.  The cruise is only a 4 day, departing Singapore for Malaysia and Thailand next year.  Still, I thought $600+ for a full suite with panoramic ceiling to floor windows at the front of the ship in both the living room and bedroom didn't seem bad.  I'd miss the balcony, but the unique qualities of this cabin might make up for it?  Agree or not?

The highest category we've done on RCL before was a family junior suite on Quantum of the Seas.  Are there many extra benefits with a full suite?

Finally, I've been reading pretty mixed to poor reviews about Voyager.  Several called her an old "rust bucket".  Looks like there will be a dry dock soon, so maybe that will improve?  Would you have any concerns about an older ship like Voyager?  Any other thoughts or suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

I’ve got a 2021 booking on Voyager and I am quite looking forward to it completely ignoring the reviews.  

Most negative reviews can be ignored or taken with massive doses of salt.  This is a recurring theme on the internet as guests retaliate and hide behind the internet to vent mostly their own incorrect assumptions and poorly set expectations.  

Wouldn't it be interesting if companies and their employees could review and post comments about customers?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I’ve got a 2021 booking on Voyager and I am quite looking forward to it completely ignoring the reviews.  

Most negative reviews can be ignored or taken with massive doses of salt.  This is a recurring theme on the internet as guests retaliate and hide behind the internet to vent mostly their own incorrect assumptions and poorly set expectations.  

Wouldn't it be interesting if companies and their employees could review and post comments about customers?

True, I was looking for a review on an itinerary and room for December. The only review I could find was a person complaining that a cruise had too many Spanish speaking passengers - it sailed from San Juan. The entire review was her feeling left out because "they should just speak English".

• 1 month later...

We just did the re-positioning cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong in cabin 1854 on the Voyager and we loved every minute of it.  The room was huge, well maintained and we really did have the best views on the ship.   

Other than slow elevators (which I didn't think of as abnormal), we had no problem with the ship.  Granted, we aren't the most observant people in the world when it comes to stuff that doesn't affect us but we thought she was fine.  I did look on the hull for the rust I read about in a couple of reviews and I didn't see it.  

Between the unlimited dining package and the suite benefits of breakfast in Giovanni's and free room service, the only meal that we had in the MDR or WJ, was the lunch on the first day.  

• Like 1