clarifying food.....

Hi all!  I am leaving in just over 2 weeks to sail on the Epic from Rome.  I am traveling with DS (17) and DD (12), and we all have sailed Carnival many, many times (and know what to expect there!).  A few questions about dining....

Is there a pizza place?  a burger place?  a deli?  I looked at the description and do not see these things, but wanted to make sure.  The kids LOVE Guy's burgers on Carnival, so they are hoping there is something at least kinda comparable?  

At the main dining restaurants, do they serve steak every night as an option?  How about salmon?

Are there any restrictions against tennis shoes at any of the dining venues (including those with reservations)?

Is there 24-hour ice cream available?  or any self-serve?

I think that is it....

Burgers should be available at O'Sheehan's, which is open 24/7, but does only serve breakfast items during "breakfast" hours. So burgers would be available lunch, afternoon, dinner, and late night.

For pizza, the only real option is the Garden Cafe, which is the buffet. They will have pizza available at lunch and dinner as well as "afternoon snack" and "late night snack", but not available past about 11:00 pm.

There is steak every night in the MDRs. Salmon is not always available, I don't believe, but is available sometimes.

Tennis shoes are fine for all dining venues. Any dining venue with a dress code on Norwegian only requires "closed toed shoes" for men.

Soft serve ice cream should be available pretty much 24/7 in the Garden Cafe. Hand scooped ice cream is also available during lunch and dinner there.

7 minutes ago, summercruisin' said:

Hi all!  I am leaving in just over 2 weeks to sail on the Epic from Rome.  I am traveling with DS (17) and DD (12), and we all have sailed Carnival many, many times (and know what to expect there!).  A few questions about dining....

Is there a pizza place?  a burger place?  a deli?  I looked at the description and do not see these things, but wanted to make sure.  The kids LOVE Guy's burgers on Carnival, so they are hoping there is something at least kinda comparable?  

At the main dining restaurants, do they serve steak every night as an option?  How about salmon?

Are there any restrictions against tennis shoes at any of the dining venues (including those with reservations)?

Is there 24-hour ice cream available?  or any self-serve?

I think that is it....

Enjoy the Epic. We have sailed on her 7 times. 

No no burger or pizza places, per se. the buffet has all of those items for lunch and dinner. Also soft serve and scooped ice cream. 

O’Sheehans is open 24/7 for a quick bite or dessert. Burgers are available. 

You can wear shorts in all restaurants for all meals except Le Bistro specialty and the Manhattan Room MDR. I. Those two restaurants, gents are asked to wear long pants (jeans or dockers). 

You can get steak and a fish dish every night in the MDR (Manhattan Room or Taste). 

Make sure to enroll the kids in the Splash Academy and Entourage club on embarkation day and let them go there on embarkation day to make friends. 

Edited by BirdTravels

5 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Burgers should be available at O'Sheehan's, which is open 24/7, but does only serve breakfast items during "breakfast" hours. So burgers would be available lunch, afternoon, dinner, and late night.

For pizza, the only real option is the Garden Cafe, which is the buffet. They will have pizza available at lunch and dinner as well as "afternoon snack" and "late night snack", but not available past about 11:00 pm.

There is steak every night in the MDRs. Salmon is not always available, I don't believe, but is available sometimes.

Tennis shoes are fine for all dining venues. Any dining venue with a dress code on Norwegian only requires "closed toed shoes" for men.

Soft serve ice cream should be available pretty much 24/7 in the Garden Cafe. Hand scooped ice cream is also available during lunch and dinner there.

Thank you!  That is very helpful info!

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Enjoy the Epic. We have sailed on her 7 times. 

No no burger or pizza places, per se. the buffet has all of those items for lunch and dinner. Also soft serve and scooped ice cream. 

O’Sheehans is open 24/7 for a quick bite or dessert. Burgers are available. 

You can wear shorts in all restaurants for all meals except Le Bistro specialty and the Manhattan Room MDR. I. Those two restaurants, gents are asked to wear long pants (jeans or dockers). 

You can get steak and a fish dish every night in the MDR (Manhattan Room or Taste). 

Make sure to enroll the kids in the Splash Academy and Entourage club on embarkation day and let them go there on embarkation day to make friends. 

Thank you!  Very helpful!  I will check into the kids stuff too, although they usually avoid it 😕

We just did our first carnival cruise after 3 straight on NCL (And on Epic in September). My wife and I loved Guy's burgers and there's nothing comparable on Epic.  But I think O'Sheehans will work for the kids.  Burgers, dogs, wings, fajitas and table service.  Enjoy your cruise!