how to get to Celebrity USA website from outside

Michidoeme

So far I have been able to get to the Celebrity Cruises USA website, but going to Celebrity ***** and clicking USA under "select a country".

This now does not work anymore.  Under "Select a Country", no country list shows anymore and I can not enter anything either.

I can still sign in but then only get pages in connection with my bookings, but can not go to "destinations", "ships" etc.

I have tried different browsers, Google, Firefox and InPrivate, but all with the same result.

Is there still a way to get to the USA site somehow.  I am in Europe and have mostly booked in USA and want to have option to check US prices, etc.

Anybody that can help ?

Edited by Michidoeme

I am in Canada and I still see countries under the pull down list.  My browser does come up to the USA site by default (used to automatically go to Canada) but I always get a little banner at the top that asks me if I want to switch to Canada so it definitely still knows where I am and wants to change to that.  Love that I get the option.

Not much help to you unfortunately except to indicate that it might be just Europe that is being affected by this anomaly (right now)?  I think there is a different web page for Europe (recall a very different UK one I viewed before) for us the US and Canada difference seems only to be price conversion so that might be why we don't get forced in the same way right now.  That said, check back next week and we might be seeing the same thing (or with any luck it you will be able to select USA again.)

Edited by poffles

3 hours ago, Michidoeme said:

So far I have been able to get to the Celebrity Cruises USA website, but going to Celebrity ***** and clicking USA under "select a country".

This now does not work anymore.  Under "Select a Country", no country list shows anymore and I can not enter anything either.

[...] I am in Europe and have mostly booked in USA and want to have option to check US prices, etc.

Are you specifically referring to Celebrity's UK website, www.celebritycruises.co.uk? It is very hard to force the US website back, if you have been to the UK website. I ended up finding no other solution than to delete all cookies for websites containing "celebrity" (find guides for deleting cookies in your browser on Google), and voila, when entering www.celebrity.com in the URL bar, I got directly to the US website, instead of being force-redireted to the UK website.

I have not had problems after visiting Celebrity's other European local websites, only the UK website seems to save a cookie forcing the redirect to the UK website with no way to get back to the US website, other than deleting the cookies for Celebrity websites.

Edited by mikkelhansen

No I never use Celebrity UK website, I am in Switzerland.

Up to couple weeks ago, after each time deleting all cookies etc, I googled Celebrity cruises dot com and got generic website where it says ‘select a country’.  I got then whole list of countries to choose and ticked USA.  Like this everytime I got in.  Now under ‘select a country’ nothing shows and I can not enter anything either.

Edited by Michidoeme

It works fine for me from Denmark. A small blue bar pops up at the very top of the page, telling me that I am visiting from Denmark, and suggests that I go the the Danish website. I am not forced there though, and I can surf the US website fully, ie. check itineraries, ships and even the US promotions. I can even book a cruise on the US website.

It might be a problem for DACH?

55 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

It works fine for me from Denmark. A small blue bar pops up at the very top of the page, telling me that I am visiting from Denmark, and suggests that I go the the Danish website. I am not forced there though, and I can surf the US website fully, ie. check itineraries, ships and even the US promotions. I can even book a cruise on the US website.

It might be a problem for DACH?

This is same as for me in Canada, it just kindly puts the link at the top of the page to suggest I could go to 'Canada' site but does not force me.  I like that it does this now instead of forced default redirect to Canada; been changed for a while for me.

Edited by poffles

19 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Which website do you end up on, when you go to www.celebrity.com ? Could you copy-paste the full URL into your reply, or possibly even a screenshot of the site you reach?

This is what I get, but under select a country, no list comes, nor can I enter something.

I enter only the www.celebritycruises.com, I quickly see the main home screen of Celebrity, but then it jumps very quickly and automatically to this one :

image.thumb.png.42f4b069ac160b675c02b437621119f6.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Michidoeme

if you're in the UK you will be automatically redirected to the UK site. You will not see a list of country options. The only way to see it properly is to use a VPN with a US based IP address. The website will then assume you are in the US and not redirect you. 

Deleting your cache and internet history etc will not help you because as soon as the US website knows where you are you will be redirected. All computers have a unique ip address on the internet which is how it can tell where you're accessing from. 

Reading this may help you. I appreciate not everyone wants to be concerned with IT configuration and such like though. 

https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/how-to-get-a-us-american-ip-address-from-anywhere/?keyword=+us +ip +address&geo=9046366&device=&keyword=+us +ip +address&campaignID=1692209671&matchtype=b&adgroupID=70157689873&adpos=1t1&extension=&kwd=kwd-310273389256&location=2840&geo=9046366&matchtype=b&device=&ad=342113552550&placement=&adposition=1t1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxYLoBRCxARIsAEf16-sVTvhwICFq_hlJT2ecQRD5nK6Bb0XuhudekgW45GR0AGQj-bd9D6gaAkcHEALw_wcB

I installed a VPN and it works well, I have access to Celebrity's webpage and see offers and deals in US$ etc.

Only problem now, it won't allow me to sign in anymore to my existing bookings : nor on the .com site nor on the European site.😓

Before the only think I could do was to sign in and get history, existing bookings and use planner to order tours and packages.

But I could not go to other pages, like ships, destinations, Captains Club info, etc.

Now I can get practically everything except my personal info and Captains Club info.