Question About Trundle Bed

sc4125

My niece decided to join my sister & I on the Paradise next month.  We've had to have another cabin assigned that would accommodate 3 people.  I've been on many CCL ships, but have never seen a trundle bed.  Is it the same as regular trundle beds that slide out from under a normal bed?  I'm just trying to imagine what the layout would be & determine which one of us would be the person better suited for the bed. 

Have any of you used a trundle on CCL?

Yes we did. It’s like a rollaway that doesn’t roll and once it’s out it’s out for the whole cruise. The room is quite full on Fantasy class with it out. If we had it to do over I would probably ask for an upper berth instead if possible. However it was definitely doable.

Thanks for the info.  I'm with you, I would think an upper berth would be much more convenient.  My PVP said that the only cabins open for 3 people had trundle beds which I wasn't familiar with.  We will be in an interior cabin - I can't imagine three beds on the floor giving any room to walk.  I guess we'll figure it out.

Again, thanks for the info.

I have seen a configuration where the king is separated and each of the 3 twins has one side against a wall. This allows a bit of central floor space. Ours was set up with the king together and the trundle in front of it, barely leaving space between the foot of the trundle and the desk. I didn’t want to ask our steward to change it but probably should have.

76D84F65-FA75-4B29-91AD-AA1578CB721F.jpeg

We had a trundle bed for a "quickie" cruise on the Elation out of Jax last year.  I was concerned but someone on these boards made a layout suggestion and it worked perfectly.  Our OV room was place with one bed under the window, the other two beds against the walls.  It left PLENTY of floor space and we had lots of room.  It was shaped like a "U" in the room  The trundle was small, so my mom who was the smallest slept there.  She said it was lower to the ground and a little more difficult to get out of it, but was comfortable.  Hope this helps.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CruizCuz said:

We had a trundle bed for a "quickie" cruise on the Elation out of Jax last year.  I was concerned but someone on these boards made a layout suggestion and it worked perfectly.  Our OV room was place with one bed under the window, the other two beds against the walls.  It left PLENTY of floor space and we had lots of room.  It was shaped like a "U" in the room  The trundle was small, so my mom who was the smallest slept there.  She said it was lower to the ground and a little more difficult to get out of it, but was comfortable.  Hope this helps.

Yes I saw pics of that layout and should have asked our steward to separate (I’m sure I asked for that in the ore cruise info but didn’t get it.) but he seemed so exhausted and overwhelmed I didn’t want to ask.

3 hours ago, CruizCuz said:

So, did you ask the cabin steward to set them up that way?  I will definitely make sure that we ask for that layout.  Thankfully this will also be a quickie 4 day cruise - not sure if I could handle that if it was 7 days or longer.  Thanks for the info.

5 hours ago, sc4125 said:

So, did you ask the cabin steward to set them up that way?  I will definitely make sure that we ask for that layout.  Thankfully this will also be a quickie 4 day cruise - not sure if I could handle that if it was 7 days or longer.  Thanks for the info.

We actually enjoyed the room.  It felt as if it was bigger than if only 2 beds made into a king.  When we got to the room we decided to move the beds ourselves.  It wasn't anything heavy or hard.  We saw the room steward later and he was cool with it and said it was indeed a better layout!

Okay, this is what you can do to maximize space:

This is a standard double cabin on Fantasy class (Fascination)

enhance

I moved my bed so that they were in an L formation:

enhance

This is the same type room with a rollaway.  The foot of the bed is under the desk, I think:

enhance

• Like 2

I will definitely use that layout.  From now on I will also use your layout for the 2 singles - never thought about moving them in the L shape.  That's the way they use to be set up on the Paradise before the renovation and it was so much better - It made the cabin feel so much bigger.  \

Thanks all for the info!! 

• Like 1