Where to eat lunch after tour

Artemis908

Hiya - we have a tour that ends fairly early at 11 and our ship leaves at 3. Are there any good places around the ship port to grab lunch or would it be better to just go have lunch back on our ship? When I look at Google Maps it doesn't look like there is a whole lot immediately around the port and I don't want to risk going too far away after our tour.

What tour are you on?

There is a restaurant in the port,  way over priced for the food quality and quantity, IMO.

Loco Ricky's is a pizza/wings place in Neuvo Mahahual/ Las Casitas, the area just outside the cruise port Typical bar type food but the pizza guy is from Pittsburgh. I've heard that there is a restaurant/coffee shop called Aromas in the same area that has local Mexican food and good coffee but not sure where it is exactly, maybe up by 2nd roundabout.  The guys at the taxi stand probably know where to go without having to head to the malecon.

Edited by crewsweeper

For my money I’m taking a 10 minute taxi ride to Blue Key and eating ceviche right there.    You won’t need to pay the access fee just to eat.  Take a walk along the Malecon and grab a taxi back whenever you want.  Plenty of time to enjoy something other than the port.

What type of tour are you doing?

Many take place, or end, on the malecon giving you plenty of opportunity to stay there And eat at your leisure at one of the MANY restaurants/beach bars before returning. Just take a taxi back when you are ready.