HOHO or city transport

We bought a day pass at the port and used public transportation to get from the port to Old Town Stockholm (Bus), from Old Town to Djurgarden for the Vasa Museum (ferry) and back to the port (bus).  I  used the online Trip Planner for the Stockholm Public Transportation website to plan my trips.   It was easy to do.

See:  https://sl.se/en

https://www.visitstockholm.com/good-to-know/public-transportation/

Edited by GradUT
  • Like 1

Stockholm public transport is very extensive with frequent departures and also easy to use.
A Stockholm pass is quite costly and if you're only visiting one day I am not sure that you
will be able use it's full value.

SL also have an app (SL-Reseplanerare och biljetter) which you can use to buy tickets,

search connections and etc. However it has very poor reviews. I have used it once
about a month ago and it worked ok for me.

7 hours ago, Desdichado62 said:

Stockholm public transport is very extensive with frequent departures and also easy to use.
A Stockholm pass is quite costly and if you're only visiting one day I am not sure that you
will be able use it's full value.

SL also have an app (SL-Reseplanerare och biljetter) which you can use to buy tickets,

search connections and etc. However it has very poor reviews. I have used it once
about a month ago and it worked ok for me.

We are going to be Stockholwm for a few days pre-cruise, so the pass might be worth it for the included admissions. Thanks for the info on public transit!!!

Ed

After looking at all the options for two days in Stockholm pre-cruise and one day post, I'm leaning toward buying an SL Access card. The card itself costs SEK 20 but then the fares with it are lower, so that it takes very few trips to recover the cost. I have tried out the SL app and it seemed to work, but I stopped short of actually purchasing the fare.

1 minute ago, kochleffel said:

After looking at all the options for two days in Stockholm pre-cruise and one day post, I'm leaning toward buying an SL Access card. The card itself costs SEK 20 but then the fares with it are lower, so that it takes very few trips to recover the cost. I have tried out the SL app and it seemed to work, but I stopped short of actually purchasing the fare.

We're still not sure. We are going to have four days pre cruise and so the Pass with a lot of attractions pre paid may be the way we go.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 3:58 PM, GradUT said:

We bought a day pass at the port and used public transportation to get from the port to Old Town Stockholm (Bus), from Old Town to Djurgarden for the Vasa Museum (ferry) and back to the port (bus).  I  used the online Trip Planner for the Stockholm Public Transportation website to plan my trips.   It was easy to do.

See:  https://sl.se/en

https://www.visitstockholm.com/good-to-know/public-transportation/

That sounds great! We’ll be there for the day (Cruise) in August. Thanks for sharing! 

Edited by JoRoy218