Sirena cruise cancelled?

Vertygo

Received message from TA today to call about Sirena Southampton to Montreal 9/24/20, but unable to reach him until tomorrow. Checked O's website-cruise no longer in account & no listing of Sirena from midSept through at least next 2 months.

Does anyone have more info at this point? I realize this is well over a year away, but it crossed several things & places off my bucket list as well as anniversary date on embarkation, so very disappointed.

Has anyone else in this situation received any perks from O for the inconvenience & to maintain  customer loyalty when entire cruise is cancelled?

• Thanks 1

Sirena was scheduled to spend most of late 2020/early 2021 doing Cuba cruises. With those itineraries now not possible, and since her return TA voyage from Europe and all scheduled voyages after that cancelled, it looks like she will probably be redeployed to another area of the world for the fall of 2020 and winter 2020/2021. I was just notified today that our Cuba sailing for Feb 10, 2021 was cancelled and that our deposit would be immediately refunded. Oceania also offered us a $500 future cruise credit if we make a new reservation before June 2020 for a sailing before December 2021.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Almagetty said:

Sirena was scheduled to spend most of late 2020/early 2021 doing Cuba cruises. With those itineraries now not possible, and since her return TA voyage from Europe and all scheduled voyages after that cancelled, it looks like she will probably be redeployed to another area of the world for the fall of 2020 and winter 2020/2021. I was just notified today that our Cuba sailing for Feb 10, 2021 was cancelled and that our deposit would be immediately refunded. Oceania also offered us a $500 future cruise credit if we make a new reservation before June 2020 for a sailing before December 2021.

Similar comp for us in the UK, same sailing £400 future cruise credit. We are holding off on a decision until we find out where and what the alternative sailings will be.

Oceania may well have sold a charter for the trip.

When Oceania made the decision to follow its competition and start releasing cruises 2 years out, they simultaneously increased the possibility of cancellations. 

For the most part, if a cruise is cancelled before the flight buying window opens, no harm no foul. 

Thanks all- TA confirmed this AM that Cuba mess has caused a domino effect, so ship not repositioning as planned, thus cancelling multiple cruises. We also got $500 towards any cruise from now through 2021 as long as booked by 6/6/20. I can just imagine the chaos this has caused O & other lines & appreciate their goodwill gesture, still sad this is a no-go for us.  Keep planning!!