WIFI Cafe areas

frosts

38 minutes ago, frosts said:

Are the public computers(wifi cafe areas) included with any of the wifi packages?  We are sailing the Sunrise in Nov.  Not even sure if any of these areas exist on the Sunrise.

The public computers on most ships are located in the Fun Hub (Internet Cafe) and are available for everyone, but as far as I know, you must purchase some WiFi package, either for a specific duration (I think a day, but someone could correct me).

Jbethel is right. To use the internet cafe computers, you still have to purchase one of the internet plans. You log in to them with your folio just as you would login to wifi on your phone. The only think you can access for free is Carnival's website.

Carnival used to show the location of the internet cafes in their deck plans, but it looks like they don't anymore. They've combined the internet cafe and wifi into "Onboard internet" on their list of onboard activities.

The Value plan and Premium plan are the only ones that can be purchased for 24-hour periods. The Social plan has to be purchased for the entire cruise. The Social plan is basically only good for social media sites/apps and messaging apps.

13 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Carnival used to show the location of the internet cafes in their deck plans, but it looks like they don't anymore.

probably because everyone carries one in their hand, tablet, or laptop

On 6/13/2019 at 8:16 PM, Organized Chaos said:

Carnival used to show the location of the internet cafes in their deck plans, but it looks like they don't anymore. They've combined the internet cafe and wifi into "Onboard internet" on their list of onboard activities.

Are you only referring to certain ships?  I looked at the Horizon's deck plan and the internet cafe is on deck 5/promenade next to the Java cafe.  

Thanks for the answers.  We are traveling with our adult intellectually disabled daughter.  She loves the public computers.  I think it makes her feel like part of the action and gets her out of the cabin.  Funny we no longer even have laptop.  

On 6/15/2019 at 12:39 AM, Erik101 said:

Are you only referring to certain ships?  I looked at the Horizon's deck plan and the internet cafe is on deck 5/promenade next to the Java cafe.  

You're right, the Horizon does show it. I didn't look at Horizon's deck plans the day I posted that comment. I checked the Sunrise, since that's what the OP is sailing on, and it doesn't show the internet cafe. So then I checked a couple Conquest class ships that we had been on last year and a few years ago. Both of those used to show their internet cafe's on their deck plans, but don't anymore. Not sure why they show it on some and have removed it from others.