Weekend Cunard challenge

AspirationalFlyer

31 minutes ago, BlueRiband said:

AspirationalFlyer, do you really want to show off Cunard Grills china...in your home?   😐

Lol. Yes! I do. I’m going on a Cunard cruise today so thought it would be fun.

I brought them in a Cunard charity auction with the proceeds going to the Princes Trust (which some readers will be familiar with). I thought it would be a fun way to mention a very good cause, but perhaps my OP should of been clearer. 

Have a good weekend. 

AF

Edited by AspirationalFlyer
  • Like 2

Hi, 

This looks very familiar. 😃 I have the same poster framed and hanging on my wall. Also, I have some of the same pieces of the Cunard Grills china. When the QM2 first entered service, the gift shop sold pieces of the Grills china and the Britannia china. I have some of this china in a display case. Of course, a different pattern is now used in the Grills.

I purchased two QM2 stateroom desk chairs from the Prince's Trust. 

Have a great trip!

Chuck 

Edited by seacruise9
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

Lol. Yes! I do. I’m going on a Cunard cruise today so thought it would be fun.

I brought them in a Cunard charity auction with the proceeds going to the Princes Trust (which some readers will be familiar with). I thought it would be a fun way to mention a very good cause, but perhaps my OP should of been clearer. 

Have a good weekend. 

AF

Glad to hear that as we sometimes read where somebody wants to "acquire" Cunard china in far less honorable ways.  Yes, I remember an auction where Cunard offered pre-refit items for bid but chose to pass.  I didn't want anything so badly as to be willing to pay the customs and shipping charges to the US.  If memory serves, when QM2 was new replica china was available for purchase in the shops.  I don't recall it every being offered again so perhaps it was never reordered after the initial stock was exhausted.

11 hours ago, BlueRiband said:

Glad to hear that as we sometimes read where somebody wants to "acquire" Cunard china in far less honorable ways.  Yes, I remember an auction where Cunard offered pre-refit items for bid but chose to pass.  I didn't want anything so badly as to be willing to pay the customs and shipping charges to the US.  If memory serves, when QM2 was new replica china was available for purchase in the shops.  I don't recall it every being offered again so perhaps it was never reordered after the initial stock was exhausted.

Hi, 

Yes, as I mentioned above, the QM2's gift ship offered Grills and Britannia china for sale soon after the ship entered service. This was identical to the china that was used on the ship. I purchased several pieces of each china pattern (it was fairly expensive).

Chuck

• Like 1