Transportation from EWR to Cape Liberty

lawk

Are you bring a car seat?  NJ requires car seats for small children.  Are you flying in the morning of the cruise?  Exact date?

Your choices are car service, Uber, or taxi.  Please post back about the car seat so folks can make recommendations.  Typically I believe Uber and taxis do not provide car seats and they are an extra charge for car services.

They need some sort of car seat.  Sounds like a booster seat will do.

a. A child under the age of 2 years and 30 pounds shall be secured in a rear-facing seat equipped with a 5-point harness.
spacer.gif spacer.gif
b. A child under the age of 4 years and 40 pounds shall be secured as described in (a) until they reach the upper limits of the rear-facing seat, then in a forward-facing child restraint equipped with a 5-point harness.
spacer.gif spacer.gif
c. A child under the age of 8 and a height of 57 inches shall be secured as described in (a) or (b) until they reach the upper limits of the rear-facing or forwardfacing seat, then in a belt positioning booster seat.

A Bumble Bum travel booster might be an option for your child of this age & weight...Google it for more info and video. We got ours at Walmart. Uber XL I believe will work out for you and be the least costly.

8 hours ago, Geemaof3 said:

Hi all! I am looking for a shuttle service to transport 8-10 people from DoubleTree by Hilton at Newark Airport to Cape Liberty. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

You might want to check with the hotel as they may offer a shuttle ($'s). Also a couple of Uber/Lyft would work also.

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

You might want to check with the hotel as they may offer a shuttle ($'s). Also a couple of Uber/Lyft would work also.

It looks like the OP is on Adventure August 31, 2019.

Very few hotels offer shuttles and the Doubletree is not one of them.  Shuttle service to Cape Liberty not connected with a hotel or stay/cruise package has virtually disappeared from EWR.  I see this as the effect of Uber/Lyft.  I know the group wants to stay together, but the reality is that it Could be pricey to book a group of 8-10 in the same vehicle to go to the port.  Do an Uber/Lyft estimate on a day of the week and time that an earlier cruise is sailing to get a sense of what the price might be.

Edited by 138east

12 hours ago, 138east said:

It looks like the OP is on Adventure August 31, 2019.

Very few hotels offer shuttles and the Doubletree is not one of them.  Shuttle service to Cape Liberty not connected with a hotel or stay/cruise package has virtually disappeared from EWR.  I see this as the effect of Uber/Lyft.  I know the group wants to stay together, but the reality is that it Could be pricey to book a group of 8-10 in the same vehicle to go to the port.  Do an Uber/Lyft estimate on a day of the week and time that an earlier cruise is sailing to get a sense of what the price might be.

My key word was "may"....I'm certainly not the expert you are so I was just offering a suggestion. I see that you at least agree with my Uber/Lyft options.

On 6/23/2019 at 10:15 PM, chdheart said:

What would be a ballpark figure for 2 using Uber or Lyft from the Doubletree to the port?

Thanks!

Here's the best way to get an estimate for Uber. The Lyft prices would be similar. The price does change slightly depending on time of day and traffic.

https://www.uber.com/us/en/price-estimate/