New to NCL, questions about Free Offers

kngknight

Hi all. We booked a cruise for March 2020. We upgraded to a mini-suite with balcony and it said we would get all 5 free offers. Yet, I don't see them on my summary. Do I have to wait until we make our last payment or do they not show up?

Thanks, we are new to NCL.  

4 minutes ago, kngknight said:

Hi all. We booked a cruise for March 2020. We upgraded to a mini-suite with balcony and it said we would get all 5 free offers. Yet, I don't see them on my summary. Do I have to wait until we make our last payment or do they not show up?

Did you actually select the offers when you booked? Did you book online or by phone? Did you select a SailAway rate (MX)?

Edited by JamieLogical

I assume you "upgraded" by cancelling your prior reservation and rebooking in a minisuite, not at the sailaway rate.  Your "Take all Five" promo perks should show up in your "My NCL" vacation summary.  As they do not, I suggest calling NCL in the near future.  If you booked through a travel agent, the agent will have to place the call. 

31 minutes ago, kngknight said:

One very important question as the others have said...  Did you "upgrade" or did you cancel/rebook the mini-suite a new reservation.  If you upgraded, you don't normally get the current promotion perks...  If you rebooked it as a new reservation, then yes, you should get whatever the current promotion/perks were at the time.

I would call ASAP to confirm accuracy of your reservation.

Thanks for the feedback. 

I booked online and thought because it was pink I was getting all the offers. I just called and we have no offers because it's an MX. Not an MB. So it was a bit misleading online. I'll have to cancel and rebook in an MB cabin to get those offers. 

Definitely a learning process. 

Thanks again. 

41 minutes ago, kngknight said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

I booked online and thought because it was pink I was getting all the offers. I just called and we have no offers because it's an MX. Not an MB. So it was a bit misleading online. I'll have to cancel and rebook in an MB cabin to get those offers. 

Thanks again. 

Ah yes. You have to read the fine print to see that the sail away rates don't include the free at sea perks. Easy to get tripped up on that if you are new to NCL.

1 hour ago, kngknight said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

Thanks again. 

So, if you are unfamiliar with what you are doing, it is best to use a TA or call and use a NCL reservation agent. Don’t make a do-it-yourself mistake and lose out. 

3 hours ago, kngknight said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

Thanks again. 

Or you could decide which perks are most important and. Price those out to see if it would cost more by adding it MX booking. We don’t drink so, we did MX and purchased 3 specialty dining package for cruise. We also purchased internet minutes. Do not need other promos. So, total cost for cruise was still less for us. If we went with M8 ,  it would have been $1,000 more per person...

We then got assigned mid ship mini suite and are very happy.(M8)

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1