MSC Armonia June 10, 2019 Review (sans Cuba)

Jayhawk

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:01 PM, L2float said:

We sailed on Armonia June 3 and also attended the Meet and Mingle. The photo was never delivered as promised. We just figured that with all of the emotional reactions of the passengers over the cancellation of Cuba, it wasn't a priority! Another couple asked the cruise director and he advised them to pick it up from the photo desk. Ours was waiting for us there. It is a nice momento!

Do you by any chance have the daily planner from your trip?

Jayhawk- I posted an admittedly long-winded review about our trip. It’s under Armonia reviews.  I can’t figure out how to share a link to it on here. I didn’t focus too much on the negative, but you pretty much covered it all! I remember sitting up in the coffee bar one night looking down at the angry mob at customer service and feeling scared. I felt so badly for the staff. I just can’t understand why well off people enjoying a beautiful and relaxing vacation would be violent and treat staff so badly! You’re on vacation! Be thankful for the life you have! I was very disappointed about not going to Cuba. I cried for a moment and then headed over to see Ryan at the pool bar. It was all good after that! The CD was attacked and the man was arrested in Key West. I was told that the FBI boarded the ship.There were petitions and protests. We were glad that we had the Aurea Suite up on the top deck and access to the private solarium and restaurant. We just tried to stay away from the crowds and told the staff what an amazing job they were doing despite the craziness being thrown at them. It definitely wasn’t the trip I had hoped for, but it wasn’t the fault of MSC or their staff. Cuba was disappointing, but the guests nearly ruined the trip. We enjoy vacation no matter what and that’s exactly what we did! 

Fantastic second cruis

Fantastic second cruise with MSC!

2 hours ago, L2float said:

Jayhawk- I posted an admittedly long-winded review about our trip. It’s under Armonia reviews.  I can’t figure out how to share a link to it on here. I didn’t focus too much on the negative, but you pretty much covered it all! I remember sitting up in the coffee bar one night looking down at the angry mob at customer service and feeling scared. I felt so badly for the staff. I just can’t understand why well off people enjoying a beautiful and relaxing vacation would be violent and treat staff so badly! You’re on vacation! Be thankful for the life you have! I was very disappointed about not going to Cuba. I cried for a moment and then headed over to see Ryan at the pool bar. It was all good after that! The CD was attacked and the man was arrested in Key West. I was told that the FBI boarded the ship.There were petitions and protests. We were glad that we had the Aurea Suite up on the top deck and access to the private solarium and restaurant. We just tried to stay away from the crowds and told the staff what an amazing job they were doing despite the craziness being thrown at them. It definitely wasn’t the trip I had hoped for, but it wasn’t the fault of MSC or their staff. Cuba was disappointing, but the guests nearly ruined the trip. We enjoy vacation no matter what and that’s exactly what we did! 

Fantastic second cruis

Ryan was awesome!! I visited him nightly at the Bacardi Rum Bar. 

He came by and told us about the commotion going on downstairs. He was telling all the bar staff not to go near the area.  

I had heard earlier in the day that there was going to be a protest that evening, but didn't find the need to be there. However curiosity got to me so I wandered over.  By the time I strolled by, the crowd was still there but everyone was civil. One woman stated their case (demands??), in Spanish so I don't know what was said, one of the officers provided a response, again in Spanish, a few questions were asked, then it dissipated. I did hear a response in English that said they would be contacting everyone that had signed up on the list. It didn't concern me and I didn't feel the need to add my name to the list  as I was happy with the credit and they way the staff and crew handled a difficult situation. 

22 hours ago, L2float said:

Fantastic second cruis

I would love to read...I didn't realize there was a different place to post these reviews besides this board.  Where is it/where is yours?  

On 6/24/2019 at 2:40 PM, sandramj876 said:

Do you by any chance have the daily planner from your trip?

I’m attempting to post the Daily Planners. On my screen, they are out of order, turned in different directions, and cropped. I’m hoping that when I post they look better! If not, I apologize. I haven’t posted photos on the boards before. At least you’ll get an idea of what’s happening onboard!

16E1B4FB-7C90-40D2-BA96-E55DDF919657.jpeg

5BA38F1C-1972-4925-A609-E14031818D7B.jpeg

27D329F9-D2C4-4A0D-A79F-2F2D74FFD4EE.jpeg

7E03255D-4484-42A3-BD3E-B2AEEF16D69B.jpeg

CAF96304-3293-46F0-98C7-38D8B8FEC58A.jpeg

F2FC7DDF-3149-45C5-9528-1B1657E770BD.jpeg

35CB5ADA-397E-4DBE-89DA-774F3D3D44BA.jpeg

8E0D0DA8-1F3E-4F35-8E8B-03F37018AC0C.jpeg

FF43C57A-891C-4E51-A621-50EA8ADB6BB3.jpeg

48DA0640-E8FC-4D1C-8A1E-F667C6EBB6E1.jpeg

0578BD99-3629-428F-A51F-CA211D5D64E9.jpeg

622FA11B-B190-4A10-A569-815947DBE6AA.jpeg