Ovation OTS should I do B2B in AK or switch ships?

Hello all,

My family and I are booked on Ovation next month to AK.  We have all been to AK about 4x before and always love it.  I now have a chance to stay for a 2nd week and have a friend join me while the rest of my family flies home, lol.  Would I be bored staying on the same ship for 2 weeks doing the same itiniary?  Or is the ship large and fun enough for 2 weeks on it?

Celebrity's Solstice is in port that same weekend so I am wondering if I should just switch ships and book on the Solstice for week 2 or just stay on Ovation (more convenient)?

I would appreciate any help!

Edited by kath00

You can't go wrong either way.

How different is the Solstice's itinerary from the Ovation's?

Price difference?

You would not be bored on Ovation in Alaska doing the same cruise.  Plus, you'll have different  company.

Every other cruise is cheaper than Ovation since that is a new ship in huge demand right now (and the prices reflect it).  Here are our other 2 options... (Ovation's current itiniary is the last screenshot).  We have been to all these places in the past.  Have cruised RCCL and HAL but never X.  Most recently we were on the Eurodam for Panama Canal and I hate to say this but it was a bit boring.  There was almost no entertainment.  They did away with all the large shows in the theater in exchange for 2-3 person "acts" that were not great.  So I am not that keen on that cruise even though it has the best itiniary.  We are in our late 40s so still looking for some fun things to do aboard, esp at night.

Thanks for any and all thoughts.

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 10.45.20 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 10.45.36 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 10.45.03 PM.jpg

Edited by kath00

The Eurodam has the better itinerary and price.  I might be tempted to try that.  Do you have diamond of D+ status you would be giving up going with HAL? 

If you are deciding between the RCL or the X ship I would go with X.  Give it a try.  Celebrity is a step above RCL. I am not criticizing RCL.  We choose to book RCL cruises mostly.  However, we enjoy the X experience.  

7 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

The Eurodam has the better itinerary and price.  I might be tempted to try that.  Do you have diamond of D+ status you would be giving up going with HAL? 

If you are deciding between the RCL or the X ship I would go with X.  Give it a try.  Celebrity is a step above RCL. I am not criticizing RCL.  We choose to book RCL cruises mostly.  However, we enjoy the X experience.  

I based it on saving enough to just buy the D+ experience 😉🍺

• Haha 1

We were on Ovation's first Alaska cruise, 11 nights, that ended in Seattle. Solstice was docked next to us. The taxi line was a one hour wait. Both ships disembarked to one taxi line. Uber, Lyft, and other car services were a good 3/4 mile walk dragging your bags. Appears that the ship's bus to the airport would be worth looking at.

Ovation.JPG

North Star.JPG

Frank808 would you mind letting me know how it works out?  I wish I could do a one way!  Or one way B2B.  That has been my fave itiniary (YVR to Anchorage area) by far in all the AK cruises I have ever done.

13 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Thanks for the response. We are Diamond on RCL (but frankly our suite perks are better) and never sailed X.  HAL we have not much status since they don't accept Princess status, sadly.  I think the HAL itiniary IS the best TBH.  We have just been on the Eurodam a lot so I am thinking I would like to try something new.  GAAAAH.  I guess there really is no right answer...