Calling all jazz cruisers

wwcruisers

From today's newsletter:

Signaturecruiseexperiences.jpg.294f151e5f60e804abbd86d50cf87f58.jpg

This is intriguing to me on at least two levels.  First, is our fearless leader Michael L. getting back into the luxury music cruise business?  Or will they not be so luxurious, but away from the jazz core?  And second, there's apparently ANOTHER jazz cruise program coming.  I assume it's not going to be another one-off like the McDonald LaBelle Cruise, so what's it going to be?  What branch of jazz are they aiming at?  When will it be and where will it go?

Stay tuned.  This could be fun.  🙂

• Like 1

My DH called Jazz Cruises today, to see when the various 'Journey of Jazz' Shore Excursions/Performances would actually be available to book (we obviously have a couple of things in mind). They said hopefully soon -- as their technical staff is working to ensure that folks will have easy access to book these activities via phone or online -- as the guests choose.😎

• Thanks 1

Three big announcements from Jazz Cruises' latest newsletter:

1.  There will very likely be a third edition of the Smooth Jazz Cruise in 2026.  It won't be immediately after the other two.  More details are expected to be announced in mid to late October.

Smooth-Jazz-26.3.jpg.03058e8ff53c452ee16b21dd6c39e20f.jpg

2.  There will be a new Jazz Cruises cruise in 2026 hosted by Christian McBride.  It's scheduled to sail in late January and/or early February.  More details will be announced in mid-October.  Interested parties can sign up for the newsletter at the cruise site.

Christian-McBridges-World-at-Sea.jpg.512521c1aaae7fd040c294d7ffd0291b.jpg

3.  It looks like the Signature Cruise Experiences subsidiary wants to become another Sixthman without the music cruises (those, I assume, will be covered by the parent company).  No SCE corporate site yet, nor specific cruises detailed, but I'm sure we'll get notice of these things in time.

Signature-cruise-experiences-detail.jpg.504f18510a34e30494c0d3f062c841df.jpg

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 3:04 PM, Honolulu Blue said:

Stay tuned.  This could be fun.  🙂

Today's email says "The target themes for SCE run the gamut from lifestyle programs to affinity groups to specialty sports."

I wonder whether Michael needs to look up a current meaning of the term "lifestyle cruises"? As you say, this could be fun. 😁

3 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

Today's email says "The target themes for SCE run the gamut from lifestyle programs to affinity groups to specialty sports."

I wonder whether Michael needs to look up a current meaning of the term "lifestyle cruises"? As you say, this could be fun. 😁

I wouldn't be surprised if he DOES know and that's the audience he wants to serve here.  There's certainly demand out there for LGBTQ cruises and clothing-optional cruises.  Does the upside-down-pineapple crowd need a cruise just for them?  Maybe they do!

• Like 1

Today's info from Jazz Cruises is that they plan to add another SJC in '26! They say it won't be in the same time-line as the first two, but more info will be forthcoming soon. I was relieved to hear that first part, as we already booked the first 'regular' cruise after SJC 26.2, as a b2B -- a 'vacation from our vacation', as it were!🤪

• Like 1