Front money wire vs bank deposit

dbrown84

I'm thinking of sending in front money for my next cruise on NCL to avoid having to carry cash and paying the 3% fee for charging to my room account.  I received the wiring instructions from NCL and noticed that their bank is one that is local to me (TD Bank).  It made me wonder if I could just want into a TD bank branch and deposit money into NCL's account.  Has anyone ever done this before? I was already on hold today for like 25 minutes to get the wiring instructions.  Before calling back and waiting on hold again, I thought I'd check here first.

Some banks don't allow anyone else to deposit money into another's account. But I wouldn't do that because there's no way to track the funds to get to you on the ship. You can deposit it into my account! 

If you are cruising regularly on NCL, you might want to look at what Tier status you can earn during their Tier year.  (From April 1st to March 31st).    Once you reach 15,000 points in a year they waive the convenience fees, plus you get guaranteed  non-refundable OBC each cruise of $200.  Even if you just earn 5,000 points in a year (or a cruise 😉)  you get $100 in the guaranteed OBC each cruise which certainly could help with those fees.   We like not having to carry cash while traveling.  Also, it shows on your final bill as a 'purchase' (not a cash withdrawal) on your credit card which can give you more miles or whatever from your credit card.

The convenience fees are on your bill until the last night when they are clearing the accounts.  And if you are playing enough to earn a few thousand points they also take additional comps off your final bill that night.