Can we do this with our winter coats?

tempus137

I am going to take the contrary position on the leave it in the car approach.  Either take the coat or enough layers to be warm for the ride home.  Ride to airport no biggy. But after a week of being in 90 degree weather and sunburn standing outside scaping frost off you car windshields in freezings temps is a horrible way to end your vacation.  Okay I am a wimp.  

Bring along a garment bag for your coats. If the hotel won't store it, Bags To Go will store a bag at the airport for $8/day. 

Better yet, bring along a collapsible bag that fits into suitcase. In FLL pack the coats into the bag. Check at the Port with your other bags. Store them with your other luggage under your bed.

On 6/19/2019 at 3:29 PM, XLVIII said:

Our local airport (Calgary, Canada YYC) has a coat check for winter coats, but it's $2 a day. Not sure I'd pay that over a week or more.

interesting, never knew this.  It could be because in the winter it's 1000 degrees in the airport.  😉  The worst cold I've ever felt was leaving YYC at the end of 2017 when it was -17F when we landed.