Favorite Ship Class and Feature

ishap

Spirit Class! Heaven to me is one of the deck 4 Vista View aft wrap cabins. Love the serenity area and the ease of getting anywhere on the ship. Have sailed both the Miracle and the Spirit. My second runner up would be the Splendor because of the Thalasso Therapy pool. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

It's interesting how people's tastes are different.  We've been on the Sunshine twice and it is our least favorite.

Exactly why I started this post.  I haven't been on many different classes...basically just the Conquest class and the Fantasy class.  I enjoyed the Conquest class much more than the fantasy.  Seemed to be many more things to do, more activities, etc.  I also enjoyed the bigger layout.  So next cruise is on the Vista class in October, then XL in 2020.  I have read so much about the newer features that I want to try and since so far I've seemed to feel that bigger is better, I'm going bigger.  We will see if they end up being too big, but from reviews I've read the Vista class doesn't have that crowded feel.

16 hours ago, tandemcruzr said:

It has a pool, hot tub and bar at the back of the ship away from the wind you experience in the Serenity decks that are forward. Also has a nice shaded area if you want to get out of the sun.

That sounds perfect!  I tend not to frequent the serenity area much as they are usually in the front and right in the sun.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ishap said:

XL in 2020. 

I assume you mean Mardi Gras? If so, it is a drastic change in size obviously, so get used to that with the Vista first! Even going from the Carnival Horizon to Harmony of the Seas last summer was a massive change for me, and I felt it! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ishap said:

Exactly why I started this post.  I haven't been on many different classes...basically just the Conquest class and the Fantasy class.  I enjoyed the Conquest class much more than the fantasy.  Seemed to be many more things to do, more activities, etc.  I also enjoyed the bigger layout.  So next cruise is on the Vista class in October, then XL in 2020.  I have read so much about the newer features that I want to try and since so far I've seemed to feel that bigger is better, I'm going bigger.  We will see if they end up being too big, but from reviews I've read the Vista class doesn't have that crowded feel.

I have been on every class of Carnival ship multiple times, with the exception of Splendor.  From my experience, the two most crowded ships have been Vista and Horizon. A lot of posters on this site rave about how great the Havana area is on Vista class ships. They make a lot of good points about the private outside area exclusive to Havana (and certain suite) guests and how it rarely gets crowded in that area. While that is true, the majority of passengers won’t have access to this area and will have to deal with the crowds that you will find in most areas on the rest of the ship. On both Vista and Horizon, it seemed no matter what we did or where we went (both show lounges, every bar, Serenity area, water works, trivia, etc.) it was very crowded. We still enjoyed these cruises overall, but my wife and I both prefer Dream, Conquest and Spirt class ships over Vista class ships. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have been on every class of Carnival ship multiple times, with the exception of Splendor.  From my experience, the two most crowded ships have been Vista and Horizon. A lot of posters on this site rave about how great the Havana area is on Vista class ships. They make a lot of good points about the private outside area exclusive to Havana (and certain suite) guests and how it rarely gets crowded in that area. While that is true, the majority of passengers won’t have access to this area and will have to deal with the crowds that you will find in most areas on the rest of the ship. On both Vista and Horizon, it seemed no matter what we did or where we went (both show lounges, every bar, Serenity area, water works, trivia, etc.) it was very crowded. We still enjoyed these cruises overall, but my wife and I both prefer Dream, Conquest and Spirt class ships over Vista class ships. 

I think that the Splendor and Dream class disperse passengers the best. Anyone else agree?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I assume you mean Mardi Gras? If so, it is a drastic change in size obviously, so get used to that with the Vista first! Even going from the Carnival Horizon to Harmony of the Seas last summer was a massive change for me, and I felt it! 

Yes, the Mardi Gras.  The Horizon should be a huge shock as it is, so it will be a buffer before the Mardi Gras.  I am excited though because of all the new features I will get to experience since all my other ships have been older.

32 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I will be sailing the Horizon in the Havana area so I am looking forward to an uncrowded pool area.  I typically steer clear of the pools except on port days because they are always so crowded...especially kids.  I don't mind kids and it doesn't bother me to not hit the pool as much, but am looking forward to it this trip.

It's funny that you said it's crowded as I just read a review of the Horizon from someone who was posting as he was on the ship and he made it seem there weren't a lot of lines for things, but did say that you need to get there early for the shows.

I do like the Conquest class but will be interested to see how the new ones compare.

26 minutes ago, gnegron22 said:

Splendor & Dream class for the Spa Therapy pool. Something about that therapy room! Little disppointed by our net cruise on Mardi Gras with the location and size of it. 

Does it cost to use the therapy pool?

55 minutes ago, ishap said:

I will be sailing the Horizon in the Havana area so I am looking forward to an uncrowded pool area.  I typically steer clear of the pools except on port days because they are always so crowded...especially kids.  I don't mind kids and it doesn't bother me to not hit the pool as much, but am looking forward to it this trip.

It's funny that you said it's crowded as I just read a review of the Horizon from someone who was posting as he was on the ship and he made it seem there weren't a lot of lines for things, but did say that you need to get there early for the shows.

I do like the Conquest class but will be interested to see how the new ones compare.

Are you talking about the "pizza line check" review?  That was awesome to follow :-)  I'm also looking forward to Havana, and I'm like you, kids don't really bother me, but at the same time not hunting down a chair really appeals to me.  

What I wonder is, will the ships keep getting more and more crowded feeling? Will that push people back towards the older ships, making those seem more appealing than the new shiny toys?  Or will the majority deal with the crowds for the new amenities?  Or a little bit of both.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, purplephenom said:

Are you talking about the "pizza line check" review?  That was awesome to follow 🙂 I'm also looking forward to Havana, and I'm like you, kids don't really bother me, but at the same time not hunting down a chair really appeals to me.  

What I wonder is, will the ships keep getting more and more crowded feeling? Will that push people back towards the older ships, making those seem more appealing than the new shiny toys?  Or will the majority deal with the crowds for the new amenities?  Or a little bit of both.  

That's exactly the review!  It was hilarious to read and really made me excited for that cruise!  

I think it will certainly make some people cruise on older ships as we see from this thread that some people do prefer older ones, however, I feel like that if you look and see what RC is doing, their ships just keep getting bigger, and I have to assume that they are full or they wouldn't keep building them.

6 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

Spirit Class! Heaven to me is one of the deck 4 Vista View aft wrap cabins. Love the serenity area and the ease of getting anywhere on the ship. Have sailed both the Miracle and the Spirit. My second runner up would be the Splendor because of the Thalasso Therapy pool. 

I have my first aft wrap on deck four on my next cruise in Alaska on the Legend.    Can't wait.  (My sister and I have sailed the Legend so much that getting on that ship feels like coming home)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ishap said:

That's exactly the review!  It was hilarious to read and really made me excited for that cruise!  

I think it will certainly make some people cruise on older ships as we see from this thread that some people do prefer older ones, however, I feel like that if you look and see what RC is doing, their ships just keep getting bigger, and I have to assume that they are full or they wouldn't keep building them.

I was very happy to see that review.  Like you, it made me excited for that cruise.  There are a lot of people who aren't fans of the Horizon on here, and I was beginning to question my choice.  But then, there are also a lot of people who aren't fans of the Sunshine on here, and I think that was my favorite cruise.  And there are people who complain about the pink on the Splendor, and it took me days to even notice it.  Everyone's different, and being a message board, everyone's opinionated.  Hope you have a great cruise, and don't forget to check the pizza line :-) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purplephenom said:

I was very happy to see that review.  Like you, it made me excited for that cruise.  There are a lot of people who aren't fans of the Horizon on here, and I was beginning to question my choice.  But then, there are also a lot of people who aren't fans of the Sunshine on here, and I think that was my favorite cruise.  And there are people who complain about the pink on the Splendor, and it took me days to even notice it.  Everyone's different, and being a message board, everyone's opinionated.  Hope you have a great cruise, and don't forget to check the pizza line 🙂

Ha!  Nope I won't forget to check it lol.  I rarely get pizza on a ship because the line is so long because it takes them forever to make a pizza.  Hopefully I won't have to worry about it!

Yes, everyone does have their opinions and while I take them into account, I tend to make my own.  I'm usually very flexible when it comes to cruising.  I'm on vacation so I rarely get upset about much.  But I like seeing people's opinions on here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That was our experience on the Vista too.  Extremely long lines for the theater and comedy shows.  I've never waited in line so long for these shows on any other ship.  Plus, the Vista theater has a horrible design with the movable chairs on the lower floor and the terrible seating on the balcony.  Anyway, my husband said never again.  We still had a great time and Matt was the best CD we ever had, so the cruise was a lot of fun.

Edited by TNcruising02

1 hour ago, purplephenom said:

I was very happy to see that review.  Like you, it made me excited for that cruise.  There are a lot of people who aren't fans of the Horizon on here, and I was beginning to question my choice.  But then, there are also a lot of people who aren't fans of the Sunshine on here, and I think that was my favorite cruise.  And there are people who complain about the pink on the Splendor, and it took me days to even notice it.  Everyone's different, and being a message board, everyone's opinionated.  Hope you have a great cruise, and don't forget to check the pizza line 🙂

While I haven't sailed on the Horizon, I have sailed on the Vista.  Even though I prefer other ships, there were a lot of wonderful things on this ship that I think many people will enjoy.  I think it really depends on what people are looking for in a cruise.  For many people, the slides and other activities are the highlights.  The Vista class definitely offers a wide range of things to do with some great additions.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

While I haven't sailed on the Horizon, I have sailed on the Vista.  Even though I prefer other ships, there were a lot of wonderful things on this ship that I think many people will enjoy.  I think it really depends on what people are looking for in a cruise.  For many people, the slides and other activities are the highlights.  The Vista class definitely offers a wide range of things to do with some great additions.

thanks for the response.  After my freaking out over the Fascination, I realized I never have had a bad time on a cruise, and I always find plenty to do and have a great time.  I love the slides and can't wait to get a selfie with the grinch, so I'm definitely looking forward to that part of the ship

• Like 1