Any Bliss info requests?

Jen731

We leave in 11 days. 😄 I so appreciate the information collected here and the many questions answered, so I wanted to send out an offer: if there is any info you’d like updated or data missing on the Bliss, let me know and I’ll do my best to collect it when I’m on board next week. Thanks to everyone for making planning this cruise awesome!

10 minutes ago, sagrs said:

Thank you so much.  I have 2 requests. 1- a copy of the fitness club schedule and cost for classes. 2. let me know how hard go Kart times are to get.  Have a great cruise!!

Go karts are one of our first stops! So I can definitely get that. And lots of fitness freaks in our group so it should be manageable. 😉

I came up with some more questions. ---- Someone on facebook just posted you need reservations for the water slides. Is this the case? Also what is the weight limit for the drop slide? I have seen 2 different values posted.  Also, with go Kart reservations- we are traveling with a group and everyone is getting on at different times. Can someone make reservations for the whole group or do we all need to be present? I am so sorry for all the questions. Thanks again for any help you can provide and once again have an awesome cruise. 

7 hours ago, kylielkinnaman said:

Would love if you could upload pics of the freestyle dailies as well! Thank you!!

Happy to do that. Wish this board just had a dedicated folder for the dailies, one per ship. I have found some of the past dailies but it usually involves going through a lot of pages of content. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sagrs said:

I came up with some more questions. ---- Someone on facebook just posted you need reservations for the water slides. Is this the case? Also what is the weight limit for the drop slide? I have seen 2 different values posted.  Also, with go Kart reservations- we are traveling with a group and everyone is getting on at different times. Can someone make reservations for the whole group or do we all need to be present? I am so sorry for all the questions. Thanks again for any help you can provide and once again have an awesome cruise. 

We are all boarding at different times too, so I am hoping the first person on can make reservations. We all have each others' reservation numbers so maybe we can do it that way (even if they’re not on board yet). Definitely plan to check out the water slides so will check out the system there. Glad to help!

1 hour ago, Jen731 said:

We are all boarding at different times too, so I am hoping the first person on can make reservations. We all have each others' reservation numbers so maybe we can do it that way (even if they’re not on board yet). Definitely plan to check out the water slides so will check out the system there. Glad to help!

That is so nice of you!!!  Thanks so much. I am hoping the first person can do the same. 

I have asked the question about one person reserving for multiple parties.  The answer was that yes, I could reserve, for example, Prohibition for all our party.  Just need to know their room numbers.  (I will also have reservation numbers if that is asked.)  So I am planning on reserving for 7 people!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sagrs said:

We were on the Bliss last Halloween and did not need reservations for the waterslides at that time.  We made go-Kart reservations the morning that we boarded and were able to get everyone in our group together.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomservo said:

Everything I've seen has indicated 300 lbs. What different values have you seen?

I should clarify. I meant minimum weight. I saw somewhere 100 and somewhere 130. I have a skinny 12 year old who is almost 99. Just want to prepare him 🙂

19 hours ago, sagrs said:

I should clarify. I meant minimum weight. I saw somewhere 100 and somewhere 130. I have a skinny 12 year old who is almost 99. Just want to prepare him 🙂

Yes! I would definitely make sure he meets the minimum. If you're too light, you don't get enough momentum to make it through all the loops and could get stuck. Sections of the tube open up if this happens, but obviously something you'd want to avoid. Also, not to make you paranoid, but people have gotten hurt in the past when a rider gets stuck and the ride operator didn't realize it wasn't clear before sending the next person through, and there was a collision. I'm not sure if they have sensors now or if the system has improved, but I would just make sure he clears it before the next person goes through.

On 6/19/2019 at 10:27 PM, Jen731 said:

if there is any info you’d like updated or data missing on the Bliss, let me know and I’ll do my best to collect it when I’m on board next week.

Definitely menus for the specialty restaurants, especially Ocean Blue. Thanks!

Less important, but would be nice if you could grab the splash academy dailies for the different age groups if you're in the area.

19 hours ago, sagrs said:

Costco pizza is the answer. Feed him that breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and he will slam on 30lbs within days. No problemo.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:48 AM, sagrs said:

We just got off the Bliss last week. You do not need reservations for the slides.   The weight limit I had heard was 100lbs for the drop slide but I did not see the sign myself.   

We too were travelling with a group and 2 of us in the group went to The Social  (the comedy and dance club where they have it set up to make reservations) to make Comedy, Go Kart and Laser Tag reservations for the entire group.  We were some of the first on the ship but it was still hard getting time for everyone together.  Whomever is doing the reserving should have the room #'s for each you are reserving for.   Then they would go through and ask who in that room you are booking for.  I think it was 20 people could do Laser Tag at the same time (2 groups of 10) and 10 people could do Go Karts at the same time.  With such large groups we ended up booking all of these things at the end of the trip. 

Double check your charges after booking too, we were triple charged due to a computer issue.  

• Thanks 1

I'd like to know whether balcony dividers can be opened.  We are traveling with another couple & would like to be able to sit out on our balconies together.  We've done this on Princess, Royal Caribbean & Carnival.  Or if anyone knows of a site similar to the goccl site that the travel agents use that we would be able to look up the specific cabins to find out.

Ncl doesn't allow for the balcony dividers to be opened. 

As for the slides - they have scales for the drop slides to ensure you're the correct age. Ran into a group of kids trying to stuff the smallest up with food to gain a pound to be able to ride. Lol. Not sure if they've expanded the time as they get further into summer, but in May the slides were only open for a few hours a day - around 12-5. 

21 hours ago, tomservo said:

Definitely menus for the specialty restaurants, especially Ocean Blue. Thanks!

Less important, but would be nice if you could grab the splash academy dailies for the different age groups if you're in the area.

From last week:

FC2AE490-8B77-4DDB-925F-D6B2E506F05B.jpeg

F1FB4F73-ECA8-44AA-82E9-069B36D70DF7.jpeg

03DC5AA4-BF78-4DB4-BB39-7419BF608E26.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AtlantaAlly said:

From last week:

Thanks! That looks like the same menu I had on the Getaway a few months ago, which I enjoyed. I did the lobster tail add-on (and they gave me one extra). So long lobster pot pie!