Platinum Laundry

jc4me

On 6/21/2019 at 9:33 AM, Micah's Grandad said:

We are Diamond on Carnival and overall find the loyalty benefits less than overwhelming. Laundry allows us to only take one large suitcase for the two of us.

We are happy get what they provide since it is above and beyond what we have paid for.  We are nowhere close to getting any benefits from other cruise lines, so Carnival it is for us!

23 hours ago, bolt said:

Can't wait to be platinum. I have a 7 day cruise booked then only need 1 more day !

That's how we were after our last cruise....needed 2 more days!  

22 hours ago, bolt said:

I know I wanted to book an 8 day. Now just hoping to get my husband to take me on another cruise for the free laundry 😊

Happy to see I'm not the only one!

6 hours ago, jdoc2007 said:

I know the feeling.  I have a 16 day Transatlantic Oct 2020 coming up and I had to book 2 more 7 days before then so I could hit Platinum for the Transatlantic cruise.

Wow!  I would have come on the Transatlantic cruise with you and done your laundry for you if you would book me two cruises - LOL!

I am platinum, no way would I ever use the free laundry service, they wash yr items with many others. EEWWWW I can't imagine how many pax undergarments would be in the same load, or big sweaty stinky junk...gag. The strawberries r ok, usually kinda melted and stuck to the plate. 

6 hours ago, beachgal58 said:

I am platinum, no way would I ever use the free laundry service, they wash yr items with many others. EEWWWW I can't imagine how many pax undergarments would be in the same load, or big sweaty stinky junk...gag. The strawberries r ok, usually kinda melted and stuck to the plate. 

I guess you also bring your own sheets, pillowcases, and towels to use while on board as the linens are washed using the same machines, sometimes right along in the same load with the personal clothing.

• Like 1

We first used the laundry service when they had $15 or $19 specials.  Now that we've been platinum and now Diamond, we always use the laundry perk for tees, briefs, shorts and sox.

Early on, we were told that our clothes were placed in a mesh bag and then went into the washer.  Now I find little coded color strips on the waistbands or shirt tags so I guess they are cleaning them without the bag and sorting by the color code afterwards.

And I don't mind using a "community" washer that handles a huge load.  It's probably cleaner than the public machines and there's no waiting.  I do enough laundry and cooking and cleaning at home, part of the cruise mystique for me is not doing any of these things on the ship.

2 hours ago, evandbob said:

I do enough laundry and cooking and cleaning at home, part of the cruise mystique for me is not doing any of these things on the ship.

Agree!   Sometimes when they return the bag the clothes are still warm from the dryer, and love the folded undies!  Definitely don't do that at home. 😄

Edited by cruisin*tigger

4 hours ago, evandbob said:

We first used the laundry service when they had $15 or $19 specials.  Now that we've been platinum and now Diamond, we always use the laundry perk for tees, briefs, shorts and sox.

Early on, we were told that our clothes were placed in a mesh bag and then went into the washer.  Now I find little coded color strips on the waistbands or shirt tags so I guess they are cleaning them without the bag and sorting by the color code afterwards.

And I don't mind using a "community" washer that handles a huge load.  It's probably cleaner than the public machines and there's no waiting.  I do enough laundry and cooking and cleaning at home, part of the cruise mystique for me is not doing any of these things on the ship.

Totally agree.  I would be using the launderette on the ship anyway, so I presume that this is no less sanitary than using public machines.  

8 hours ago, maryred said:

I guess you also bring your own sheets, pillowcases, and towels to use while on board as the linens are washed using the same machines, sometimes right along in the same load with the personal clothing.

Ugh.....no. The sheets/pillows and towels are washed in very high heat to kill any human pathogens with BLEACH! And dried with VERY HIGH heat, get it? Sure, the items are still warm when they arrive to yr cabin, but they are not washed or dried in high heat, nor are your items washed with bleach! 

3 hours ago, beachgal58 said:

Ugh.....no. The sheets/pillows and towels are washed in very high heat to kill any human pathogens with BLEACH! And dried with VERY HIGH heat, get it? Sure, the items are still warm when they arrive to yr cabin, but they are not washed or dried in high heat, nor are your items washed with bleach! 

According to the behind the scenes tour, what they tell you regarding laundry is consistent with Maryred’s comment. 

4 hours ago, beachgal58 said:

I would hope my clothing is not washed with bleach, but you are wrong about the industrial machines not using  VERY HIGH heated water and air. Only the white linens and towels are washed with bleach and the blue colored towels and table napkins are not.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 4:45 PM, bolt said:

Can't wait to be platinum. I have a 7 day cruise booked then only need 1 more day !

Man you should have booked an eight day and would have been Plat all the way. LOL

Chocolate covered strawberries? Did not get them on our last cruise. For 2 platinum cruisers we got a plate of 2 chocolate balls,2 squares of something,and two small sugar cookies. Have always gotten strawberries in the past.

22 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Chocolate covered strawberries? Did not get them on our last cruise. For 2 platinum cruisers we got a plate of 2 chocolate balls,2 squares of something,and two small sugar cookies. Have always gotten strawberries in the past.

I do think that the web site calls it Chocolate Delight, so that makes sense.

On 6/21/2019 at 8:39 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just my opinion, but I don’t think it is that great of a benefit. But that it because both my wife and I won’t use it for the majority of clothes we wear during a cruise because everything is washed in hot water.  But apparently others aren’t worried about that, which makes the benefit more appealing. 

I use the free laundry for nighty, socks, and capris.  I have not had any problem with those items.  However, I would never send my undies or delicate tops.  We go on a minimum of 14-days so do like to have laundry done at least once after the 1st week.

Use the service at least two of my three options during the cruise.  Have never had anything come back ruined.   I generally don't have a lot of stuff that is delicate, however.  

The plate with chocolate stuff on it always seems to show up at the least desired time.  This past cruise it was day three after a long day in Cayman.  It's the least important part of the perks to me.  (FWIW I did get strawberries the last time...I ate my two at once and my sister let her two fester in to a little pile of goo before I threw them out).

29 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

This past Feb. we were on a 7-day + 12-day Journey's cruise.  We received the choc. covered strawberries the first week, but received what you described the 2nd week.

On 6/21/2019 at 4:45 PM, bolt said:

Yes, you should have booked an 8-day cruise.  I recently booked a B2B2B (20 days) for 2021 which will bring us to Diamond level.  Without the 3rd cruise we would be short 2 days.