UPSELL offered!

marmac761

Just want to thank all of you who have posted about upsell offers.  I have been looking at my booking on the Panorama in February and found a 3 offers. We have our first ever cove balcony midship.  I was offered aft room 9475 for $76 total.  I was surprised it gave me the specific room number because I haven’t heard any one mentioning room numbers.  There were two other offers.  Both were for $262 total.  One in spa room, no number and the other for family habour room aft facing room.  Since we didn’t want to pay any more and wanted to stay in our cove room, I turned it down.

i wouldn’t have seen those offers, until I read all these posts about them.  We didn’t receive any e-mail about the offers

Mine came under booking & order details.  There was a star that said upgrade offers.  When I closed and went to find where the room was, I thought I lost it.  I scrolled down and it there after pre-pay your gratuities before you sail.

I've had 3 offers for my September cruise on the Breeze. 

The first one I just happened to see when I was looking at my booking.  It was exactly where marmac says it was.  That was for an oceanview to a balcony.

The 2nd one, I received an email.  Didn't like the location, so I ignored it.

The 3rd one, I just saw today, again under booking & order details.  It was for an upgraded balcony, which I accepted.

I have only received one offer before this one.  It was an inside to ocean view for $20.  It was 10 years ago so I got a phone call.  That cruise was going to make us platinum and only 3 days so I thought the inside would be fine but for $20 a little light would be nicer.

i wondered if maybe I might have missed other offers because I rarely checked my trips on line.

51 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

Interesting. I'll keep an eye out but have never seen one. 

In 28 Carnival cruises since 2004, we have only had an upgrade / upsell offer 1 time.

Upsells are all about your current booked cabin location.

16 hours ago, marmac761 said:

Mine came under booking & order details.  There was a star that said upgrade offers.  When I closed and went to find where the room was, I thought I lost it.  I scrolled down and it there after pre-pay your gratuities before you sail.

Do you have a screenshot of this? Or are you able to take a screenshot of it if it is still there? 

Sorry, as soon as clicked where it said I will stay with my cabin, it disappeared.  

I wondered if someone wanted connecting rooms and that is why I got the offer.  My room is a connected room. 

On 6/20/2019 at 5:41 PM, marmac761 said:

Have you already paid in full?

I've gotten 2 upgrade offers on my 2/22 Panorama cruise. First was Deluxe Ocean view deck 1 to Deck 6 Balcony for $200. This was from a link on the website, which I took. Second upgrade was sent via email and there were 3 offers but the one I took was Deck 11 Spa balcony for $250.

31 minutes ago, stargazer78 said:

I've gotten 2 upgrade offers on my 2/22 Panorama cruise. First was Deluxe Ocean view deck 1 to Deck 6 Balcony for $200. This was from a link on the website, which I took. Second upgrade was sent via email and there were 3 offers but the one I took was Deck 11 Spa balcony for $250.

We are on the 2/22 too.  They must be trying to move passengers to higher cabins.  I got offered spa but for me too far forward.  We won’t really use the spa.  So happy for you, that’s a great upsell IMHO!!

I would love a call from the Upgrade Fairy. She has called me once during my cruise career, upgrade from an interior to a deluxe balcony on the Carnival Miracle back in 2014 for only $100. I called to book for January 18, 2020 and was offered an eight category upgrade for the $449 interior price. Took the deal and am very happy, but a balcony would make me happier. 

I did get an upgrade when I booked the spirit to Alaska.  My husband retired in April 2009 and mentioned he wanted to go on a cruise.  Alaska was the only cruise I would go on in the summer.  So 3 days after his retirement, I found the spirit for unheard of price of $429 for balcony.  I paid $50 more to pick my room in an extended balcony. Our airfare to anchorage from LA and back from Vancouver to Ontario,California was more than our cruise fare. Our cruise was from May 20 to 27.  Got lucky. Everyone in ports told us it was unseasonably warm for those days

3 hours ago, marmac761 said:

We are on the 2/22 too.  They must be trying to move passengers to higher cabins.  I got offered spa but for me too far forward.  We won’t really use the spa.  So happy for you, that’s a great upsell IMHO!!

Of course they're trying to move passengers to higher cabins. Spending an additional $500 to move from cove balcony to a spa balcony doesn't cost the company anything, so that's an extra $500 (plus the increased gratuities) into the coffers.

3 hours ago, Szoyka said:

I would love a call from the Upgrade Fairy. She has called me once during my cruise career, upgrade from an interior to a deluxe balcony on the Carnival Miracle back in 2014 for only $100. I called to book for January 18, 2020 and was offered an eight category upgrade for the $449 interior price. Took the deal and am very happy, but a balcony would make me happier. 

I'm curious what kind of interior cabin gets an eight category upgrade and you still end up in an interior cabin?? Other than deck level, I bet the cabins are identical.

4 hours ago, Sean_B said:

Of course they're trying to move passengers to higher cabins. Spending an additional $500 to move from cove balcony to a spa balcony doesn't cost the company anything, so that's an extra $500 (plus the increased gratuities) into the coffers.

My spa balcony from cove offer was &260 total.  From the time I booked the cove balcony has gone up more than that.

so I think someone that would really use the spa would really benefit for that price!