Club Class dining?

Buddy2004

2 minutes ago, Buddy2004 said:

Is it any better than regular dining rooms? Not sure if we should book the Crown Grill one night for our anniversary, Or just stay and eat in the club class dining room.

CC is the regular DR.

It is just a section cordoned off.

Same menu.

Just an additional appetizer or main dish depending on the CC Head Waiter at the time.

Do the Crown Grill for sure.

• Like 1

It is entirely up to you....   Club class dining is nice... Our thoughts  better service and a little more flexible and smaller table sizes including many tables for two unlike the MKR

Best thing is look at the Menus for the Crown Grill and Sabitinis... and see if there is something you would both like for a special dinner..... then decide...

Enjoy your cruise and have a great time..

Cheers Don

Here's another vote for CG for a special occasion.  And make sure they know, when you make the reservation, that you are celebrating, they will notch up the service to an even higher level.

Club Class is a nice version of the MDR - the additional offerings are often little more than a slightly different combination of the normal offerings of the night.  Service can be better than the MDR, though we've had some truly great service teams, particularly with fixed seating dining.

I see lots of love for the CG here, and I won't try to persuade you that you shouldn't do that for your special occasion, but I will say I find the place overrated. I rarely get a steak the "temperature" or doneness I asked for, and the baked potatoes we were given last week were about the size of an extra large egg. Service was great on our recent trip, though.

While I'm not a huge fan of Crown Grill, I really do enjoy Club Class dining, first for its true anytime nature, and then because of its elevated service. The extra items offered ranged from a pasta dish or special dessert a few nights to filet mignon one night and lobster thermidor another. I find CC dining substantially better then standard MDR.

Jim

• Like 1

How far into your cruise is your anniversary night? It might be worth talking with the head server - they might be able to arrange something special for your anniversary night in CC dining. We had calamari and grilled shrimp sent to our table by the CC head waiter - she also made a small batch of key lime pie for the CC diners one night (better than the regular key lime pie that was served off the regular menu an earlier night).

Crown Grill is nice - especially since we didn't pay for it - but not the wow meal I was expecting. We preferred our servers in CC as well.

We had Anytime Dining on our last cruise, and when the Anytime MDR was busy they took us to the Club Class MDR instead.  Didn't see what the big deal was, and certainly wouldn't pay extra for it.  I'd rather do Crown Grill any day.