Drink package not offering what I was told. Would you gripe?

Stockjock

@Beamafar thanks for the link to your thread, I took a screenshot of the code needed and sent it to my agent, did you manage to get yours upgraded then? I had a quick read through. In all honesty this is putting me off Yacht Club in future and although the Easy package included with Aurea is so limited I'd sooner pay to upgrade that package than pay over the odds for YC as the prices just seem to be going up and up

Edited by 1fifthavenue

19 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

December 8, 2019.

We'll be on Seaview at the end of August with the upgraded package, then again on Meraviglia in Oct (disembarking in Nov).  I'll post about our experiences on both, though it may be after I get home from Miami in Nov for that sailing as I may not have internet.  But, at least that will be a US$ cruise (Seaview being a Euros one).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

We'll be on Seaview at the end of August with the upgraded package, then again on Meraviglia in Oct (disembarking in Nov).  I'll post about our experiences on both, though it may be after I get home from Miami in Nov for that sailing as I may not have internet.  But, at least that will be a US$ cruise (Seaview being a Euros one).

BTW (apologies to the OP for going off topic), do you have any idea why the 4 GB included internet for Yacht Club doesn't begin until May 2020? Is there something about that date in particular? 

8 minutes ago, 1fifthavenue said:

@Beamafar thanks for the link to your thread, I took a screenshot of the code needed and sent it to my agent, did you manage to get yours upgraded then? In all honesty this is putting me off Yacht Club in future and although the Easy package included with Aurea is so limited I'd sooner pay to upgrade that package than pay over the odds for YC as the prices just seem to be going up and up

Totally agree about YC prices, though we got a great rate for Preziosa for next year in the 5 + 15% VC section.

I'm finding Aurea prices getting ridiculously high, too, in comparison to regular balcony cabins.  The fact that only the 'Easy' package is included makes it even less value, too.  The only benefit in Aurea that I really like is MyChoice dining.  It'd be cheaper to book a lower experience cabin, purchase a Premium package and eat in the SRs.

We had no problem upgrading to Prem+ with our Germany booking, but had a little to-ing and fro-ing with emails to get MSC UK to upgrade us.

I think it may have been covered in that other thread, but Cruisers6 had upgraded (MSC UK) his package for the Oct Meraviglia YC sailing for this year.  He booked again for next year for the New York - Miami itinerary;  when he requested the upgrade for that cruise he was told it was no longer possible.  Several weeks later he received an email from MSC advising that they had upgraded the package for him!

15 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

BTW (apologies to the OP for going off topic), do you have any idea why the 4 GB included internet for Yacht Club doesn't begin until May 2020? Is there something about that date in particular? 

It's a strange one - you would expect it to be in April (like the introduction of the included drinks package for YC back in 2017) which MSC usually regards as the start of their Summer season.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Totally agree about YC prices, though we got a great rate for Preziosa for next year in the 5 + 15% VC section.

I'm finding Aurea prices getting ridiculously high, too, in comparison to regular balcony cabins.  The fact that only the 'Easy' package is included makes it even less value, too.  The only benefit in Aurea that I really like is MyChoice dining.  It'd be cheaper to book a lower experience cabin, purchase a Premium package and eat in the SRs.

We had no problem upgrading to Prem+ with our Germany booking, but had a little to-ing and fro-ing with emails to get MSC UK to upgrade us.

I think it may have been covered in that other thread, but Cruisers6 had upgraded (MSC UK) his package for the Oct Meraviglia YC sailing for this year.  He booked again for next year for the New York - Miami itinerary;  when he requested the upgrade for that cruise he was told it was no longer possible.  Several weeks later he received an email from MSC advising that they had upgraded the package for him!

Thank you Bea 🙂 And for the other examples. My TA will get in touch with them again.

I think all cruises have gone up, and as you know we like a drink but are happy with the 'regular' experience, and a couple of cruises we've been looking at have been showing a difference of about £150-200 between Fantastica and Aurea with premium drinks, which makes Aurea worth it for me  (taking in to account Fantastica balcony with no drinks vs Aurea with an upgrade)

Again sorry to the OP for hijacking his thread. 

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

The mini-bar was included for YC before the introduction of an included drinks package for use around the rest of the ship, so it's not linked to drinks packages.

You don't get 30% off bottles of wine when in YC (unless you have the Prem+ package).

We've upgraded to Prem+ for our next 2 YC outings and are looking forward to enjoying Veuve Cliquot and Moet & Chandon (not to mention some of the items on the Connoisseurs' Selection list).

Dave ... we're only paying €14 to upgrade and, IIRC, Mark (Cruisers6) is paying £13 to upgrade.  That's for our US sailing.

For our Med sailing, we're being charged €16 - the difference in cost between the packages when on Euros cruises (€55 - €39).

Bea

We have B2B booked fro spring 2020 out of Miami

In YC-- same stateroom for both

Would you suggest we upgrade to Prem + before sailing? 

Do you know offhand what the rate is in US$ for that daily rate? 

TYIA

fog