Tokens or tickets?

jimbri

If I tell the person at the booth our itinerary ( Dockyard - Hamilton - Botanical Gardens - Spittal Pond - back to Hamilton - Horseshoe Bay - Dockyard) will they be able to tell me if it is better to buy tokens or the day pass?  I tried to figure it out but since we will be spending some time in each place transfers from one bus (or ferry to bus) may not work.  I read the transfers are time sensitive and have to be used right away. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, jimbri said:

If I tell the person at the booth our itinerary ( Dockyard - Hamilton - Botanical Gardens - Spittal Pond - back to Hamilton - Horseshoe Bay - Dockyard) will they be able to tell me if it is better to buy tokens or the day pass?  I tried to figure it out but since we will be spending some time in each place transfers from one bus (or ferry to bus) may not work.  I read the transfers are time sensitive and have to be used right away. Thanks!

You should get the 1 day transportation pass. 

• Like 1

Correct.

Bus drops you off at the top of the hill.

Obviously, the walk down is easy, but the walk up is a bear!

So much so, that with my bad knees I took a van back to the Dockyard. Van picks up at the bottom of the hill.

Best $7 I spent on the trip!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbri said:

I think there is a local van that takes you up the hill to the bus stop for a few dollars.  I don't know if it is still there. 

The van for a few dollars is no longer there. And the whole area where the minibuses and taxis has been reconfigured. With the $7 mininbuses becoming popular and the reconfiguration the road there  I would guess that the van was not sustainable.  If you think the walk up is too difficult for you then take the $7 minibus. We all have different capabilities. I never found the walk up to be a bear. But I have been blessed with no mobility impairments to date, I walk 3 to 6 miles every day if the weather permits. I am used to terrain that is not flat. I am lean. I have not walked it since they put in that wooden walkway over the path. I looked at the walkway from the minibus driving down and up and there were people using it. I don't know if the wooden walkway is a positive or negative for walking uphill. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

I also thought the wooden walkway was a good improvement. There are a a couple landing areas along the way that you could stop and rest without being in someone's way. One is a bench, and the other is a lookout area. 

google the video:   360 Video - Horseshoe Bay Bus Stop down to Horseshoe Bay 7.27.17

• Like 2