First cruise on Oasis after dry-dock

Has anyone done a first cruise after drydock? Do things go wrong? 

We have 15 people going for this cruise -- week of Thanksgiving, and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any problems after drydock, like trips being cancelled, or venues being closed, or staff being untrained... 

I had heard that because its the first cruise, and it's out of Miami where RCCL headquarters are, that there are likely to be lots of bigwigs and media.

And do you think there's any chance in the world that they would change their Labadee port to Coco Cay? (Very wishful thinking there)

We love Labadee. Just got back from Coco cay and I hope to never return. Packed water slides, and crapy beaches. If I wanted a waterpark destination I would go to Disney’s blizzard beach. 

• Like 1

I don’t know if this will help ease your mind but the first cruise after dry dock for the Oasis is Nov 4, 2020 and it’s a 4 day cruise so I think by Thanksgiving you should be fine. We have the next week Nov 29, 2020 booked so keep her in good shape😀

I don’t know if this will help ease your mind but the first cruise after dry dock for the Oasis is Nov 4, 2020 and it’s a 4 day cruise so I think by Thanksgiving you should be fine. We have the next week Nov 29, 2020 booked so keep her in good shape😀

Just now, drb116 said:

I think they are referring to dry doc this September-November, not next year.  The first scheduled cruise is November 24th, 2019. As others said, I would be more concerned with the timeline since the dry dock is scheduled to be over two months.

I'm waiting till January 

We did Oasis after the drydock in 2015, it was the 1st when it got to the states..so it was just a 5 day repositioning cruise.  The only thing we noticed was a lot of work still being done.  They were fastening stuff...finishing suites that were converted from standard rooms..stuff like that.  The one thing that did happen that was strange, was they were working on a room somewhere above ours, and it got very loud during the day.  They sent us a bottle of wine and a letter to our room for the noise, someone other than us must have complained.  Later they told us they were finishing a remodel of the room a couple of decks above us and people were complaining.  As far as the crew, they were great as usual.  You should be fine

I was in a similar situation when the Celebrity Summit came out of dry dock this spring.

It is already a very long dry dock by cruise ship standards. Aside from something catastrophic like (another) crane falling on the ship, I think the chances of them extending it are low. They likely have built some contingencies into the schedule just in case. They can put off some upgrades for later if they find themselves slipping behind. They will do everything they can to ensure they get their revenue from a Thanksgiving cruise. 

Keep in mind that you probably aren't the first cruise after dry dock. There is likely at least one non-revenue sailing before that for travel agents and special guests. Any issues should get worked out then.