Daily Service Charge - UK Bookings

1fifthavenue

Tim

As long as they don't now come back to the bookings made before this is in effect and ask for the extra I'm fine with it

We made our booking on the Seaside for the Dubai Cruise on Seaview next December before this change and it didn't include the DSC so as long as they don't come and ask for the extra all well and good. We always pay it when it used to be discretionary anyway

Edited by Epos Man
  • Like 1

Come on you know the ones who don't like paying it will moan.

It makes the pricing so much more transparent though you know exactly what you are paying.

The cruise we have booked it only adds £66 pounds to the per person price anyway which I think is less than what it would be if we paid at the end of the cruise.

5th dec-12th Dec 2020 would be 70 each wouldn't it

Seems as though its in effect now as a july booking also says DSC and gratuities included and if you booked a last minute for tomorrow its also included

Edited by Epos Man
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Epos Man said:

Come on you know the ones who don't like paying it will moan.

It makes the pricing so much more transparent though you know exactly what you are paying.

The cruise we have booked it only adds £66 pounds to the per person price anyway which I think is less than what it would be if we paid at the end of the cruise.

5th dec-12th Dec 2020 would be 70 each wouldn't it

It would be €70 each (that's if it's not increased before then);  if you wait 'til payment of your onboard account with the charge added, then it will depend on the currency exchange rates as to what it would actually cost you in Sterling (and who knows where that will be at after Brexit).

Well, just had a conversation with the travel agent we are using for our Bellissima cruise and mentioned this and she won’t have it! I was only asking if she was aware of it for future cruises!

29 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

Well, just had a conversation with the travel agent we are using for our Bellissima cruise and mentioned this and she won’t have it! I was only asking if she was aware of it for future cruises!

Oh dear! Change only seems to have come in place over night and is definitely on the UK website, wonder if MSC Book (the TA system) hasn't been updated for some reason

17 minutes ago, sidari said:

I just looked at the UK site for service charges and surprise surprise they are still there despite our Xmas cruise now showing as included for new bookings!

Would most people look at that page though but they do as you say need to change that page

Edited by Epos Man

I guess this is for new UK bookings and not for sailings after 1st June/July?

I looked at the prices of our upcoming sailings, 1 is unchanged since booking 10 days ago and 2 have increased significantly - although they have increased since we booked anyway. All state DSC included.