Hangers

bjfitz0703

8 minutes ago, bjfitz0703 said:

Any helpful on hangers is appreciated.  About how many hangers are in each room?  Also can you ask for more?

Thanks

I am not sure the exact amount of hangers, but I believe you can ask for more hangers, however a lot of CC pack their own to use.

We asked our steward for extra hangers on the Sunrise earlier this month, and he brought them within minutes. They were old-fashioned wire hangers rather than the wooden ones like those in the closet, but they did the job.  If you would rather pack your own, Amazon has a variety of folding hangers for travel use.  

I think there were enough hangers in each closet to hang about 12 items.

Edited by Joanne G.

I always bring my dresses on hangers.  I have never seen the closets without very many hangers.  Someone said the prefer the wooden hangers, but I don't.  Sometimes they can be a pain to hang clothes on, or put them back in the hole. As for tops and bottoms, to me, there is always plenty of closet space or drawers for us to put those items in.

8 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We always bring extra hangers.  We don't care for the wire hangers the steward will probably bring you.  Clothes won't stay on them.

When asking your steward for extra hangers, just let him / her know that you'd prefer plastic hangers if available. That's what we do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beachbum53 said:

When asking your steward for extra hangers, just let him / her know that you'd prefer plastic hangers if available. That's what we do.

Hehe, we're hanger snobs.  I like the velvet coated hangers, Huggleble Hangers.  How many times have you had to pick up your clothes from the bottom of the closet because they slipped off the wooden ones?  Just a pet peeve of mine.

They are available but we pack our own.  We don't risk something that is available we need being unavailable.  We pack our own hangars and extension cord for my wife's CPAP even though they will provide one if requested.  Not having either available would be a major issue.

On our last cruise I tried something different and was really happy with the outcome.  It made unpacking a breeze 😉

I used cheap metal hangers from our dry cleaning to hang all my tops and all of DH's button shirts. Then when I packed I folded the tops and his shirts still on the hangers (I slipped the hanger down a little so the hook was even with the collars.

When it was time to unpack all I had to do was whip the tops and shirts out of the suitcase and onto the closet rod.... done in less than a minute.  

I left the empty hangers behind since I use plastic hangers at home and will start collecting new metal hangers from the dry cleaning when I get home 👜

• Like 1