When is the full itinerary released?

GypsyCouple

We are cruising to Alaska at the end of July. I have the basic itinerary that tells me what ports we are going to, but I’m wondering when the full itinerary is released? First time on a cruise and I’ve heard about all the different activities that happen. I was hoping to see the full itinerary so I can plan out my days. I’m the type that enjoys the planning phase as much as the actual trip. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, GypsyCouple said:

We are cruising to Alaska at the end of July. I have the basic itinerary that tells me what ports we are going to, but I’m wondering when the full itinerary is released? First time on a cruise and I’ve heard about all the different activities that happen. I was hoping to see the full itinerary so I can plan out my days. I’m the type that enjoys the planning phase as much as the actual trip. 

Thanks!

You don't mention you cruise line or ship, but the port itinerary you currently have it all that is released in advance.  The daily activities are published each day and left in your stateroom as well as being on your stateroom TV and interactive screens throughout the ship. You will have ample opportunity to pick and choose your on board activities when you are on the ship each day - IMO it is not necessary to lay those out in advance of boarding, even if it was available.  (You may be able to google your ship and itinerary to see if anyone has posted those daily sheets on the web or a blog).

The ship board entertainment will be usually be shown in generic manner on the cruise line website, but there is a theater show every night consisting of a mix of ship staff entertainers and rotating contract highliner entertainers.  You can usually obtain an advance notice if you email the cruise line a few weeks in advance of your sailing date specifying you ship and departure date.  Some cruise lines also have Vegas style and Broadway shows on board.  Some cruise lines also allow you to pre-reserve show days and times through their on line planner.

Your on line planner should also show you shore excursions and on board activities that can be reserved in advance.  You should be able to access this on the cruise line website using your reservation number with your ship an departure date.

Enjoy your first cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GypsyCouple said:

I was hoping to see the full itinerary so I can plan out my days. I’m the type that enjoys the planning phase as much as the actual trip. 

Here is a thread with link to the Dailies from two years ago IF Solstice is still doing the same itinerary this year. Obviously details like who is performing, etc, would be different, but it will give you some idea of what kinds of things will be available.

If you ask in the section for your cruise line, people may have cruise newsletters from a similar cruise.

However, many details will change from cruise to cruise, and especially from cruise director to cruise director.  So they are only a guide to types of things there are.

• Like 1

Do I understand the responses to say that we have to wait until the daily onboard newsletter is published to know what kind of musical production(s) and classes will be offered, what movies will be shown? [Even if specific days and times aren’t available ahead of time.] 

21 minutes ago, awesomeblossom said:

Do I understand the responses to say that we have to wait until the daily onboard newsletter is published to know what kind of musical production(s) and classes will be offered, what movies will be shown?

Yes.

You can go the CC board for the cruiseline you are sailing and ask if anyone has scanned the Dailies for this year's "abc" itinerary, and they may be similar. Or not.

Where "abc" is the ship, start port, end port, and number of days. Only applies to repeating itins like Caribbean, Alaskan, etc.

But entertainers and enhancement teachers/lecturers, if applicable, are changing ship all the time. We even saw people getting on the Zaandam in Homer Alaska with full suitcases, and guessed they were entertainers. That's why they publish the pamphlets Daily.

Edited by crystalspin

Today I received an email from Princess that gave me just what I wanted to know! Hooray! I know the names of the movies to be part of the Movies Under the stars (or whatever it’s called) and the name of a few entertainers and presenters I can expect to see on the cruise. I’m so glad. Apparently I just needed a bit more patience. (Not really one of my virtues.) (My cruise begins in 15 days). Thank you for your help. I’m ready to sail!

Edited by awesomeblossom
Spelling correction.

On 6/23/2019 at 11:34 AM, GypsyCouple said:

Thanks!

I’ve been anxious for more details, as well. Thought I’d let you know: I just received an email from Princess with the names of some entertainers and movie titles. We’re 15 days away from the start of our Princess Cruise to Alaska.  No scheduled times were included, but at least it’s nice to know a little bit more.  [In case your cruise has the same agenda: movies- Captain Marvel (2019) and Dumbo (2019) <I didn’t even know there was a new Dumbo - w/ Michael Keaton & Danny DeVito - so maybe not animated>, Tom Briscoe (stand-up comedy), Brent & Sarah’s Comedy Magic Show.  Still just says “first rate performances from original production shows” without any more detail. ] Personally, I’d still like to know a bit more about “classes” and presenters.  I’m a retired teacher. I’m used to planning ahead.  Enjoy your trip!

Edited by awesomeblossom
Typos noticed!