Majestic Princess Obstructed (and Deluxe Obstructed) Balcony

Heartfelttraveler

We have friends who are joining us on the Majestic Princess and looking at Balcony Cabins.  We discovered the Obstructed Balconies and the Deluxe Obstructed Balconies.  They were interested in the forward facing ones on decks 15 and 16 but then found out you cannot use the balcony while the ship is underway.  They then looked at the ones aft on deck 8.  They are obstructed by the lifeboats.

So I am asking for recommendations good and bad for the Obstructed Balconies and the Deluxe Obstructed Balconies.  Any to stay away from and why, and any that were a good choice.

If it makes a difference, we are booked on deck 8.  But I was thinking (right or wrong) for them that the higher the deck the better their view.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

We have friends who are joining us on the Majestic Princess and looking at Balcony Cabins.  We discovered the Obstructed Balconies and the Deluxe Obstructed Balconies.  They were interested in the forward facing ones on decks 15 and 16 but then found out you cannot use the balcony while the ship is underway.  They then looked at the ones aft on deck 8.  They are obstructed by the lifeboats.

So I am asking for recommendations good and bad for the Obstructed Balconies and the Deluxe Obstructed Balconies.  Any to stay away from and why, and any that were a good choice.

If it makes a difference, we are booked on deck 8.  But I was thinking (right or wrong) for them that the higher the deck the better their view.

Thanks.

You can use the balcony when underway however the wind may be strong.

There is no lock on the balcony doors and nobody will come and tell you to get off your balcony.

Remember the railing is solid steel and not glass though.

Look here for photos of obstructions from those deck 8 balconies.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/regal-royal-princess

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

We had an obstructed view balcony cabin in the bumped out midship portion of Emerald deck on the Royal Princess...a larger balcony & the only obstruction was looking downward to Promenade deck.

If anyone has motion sickness issues, the higher decks will have more motion.

• Like 1

If you decide on Emerald Deck, I would recommend E409 if it is available which is classified as a Deluxe Balcony obstructed.   There is no obstruction looking out, larger balcony, mid-ship close to lifts, and quiet as above the high end jewellery shops.  See photos below.

Majestic E409.JPG

Majestic E409 2.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, datone said:

If you decide on Emerald Deck, I would recommend E409 if it is available which is classified as a Deluxe Balcony obstructed.   There is no obstruction looking out, larger balcony, mid-ship close to lifts, and quiet as above the high end jewellery shops.  See photos below.

Majestic E409.JPG

Majestic E409 2.JPG

Is that a smoking area on deck 7?

6 minutes ago, billyvegas said:

Is that a smoking area on deck 7?

No. The Deck 7 smoking area is aft. E409, as the 4 in the cabin number tells you, is mid-ship.

Datone, stop giving away my secrets! I want E409 saved for me on every Royal-class ship I'm on. I don't want the rest of you trying to steal it. 🙂

Edited by lstone19

1 hour ago, lstone19 said:

No. The Deck 7 smoking area is aft. E409, as the 4 in the cabin number tells you, is mid-ship.

Datone, stop giving away my secrets! I want E409 saved for me on every Royal-class ship I'm on. I don't want the rest of you trying to steal it. 🙂

I am sure I remember ashtrays on tables on one side of the nice outdoor area midship deck 7 where the rattan tables and chairs are, on the Regal  

Edited by billyvegas
Update

7 minutes ago, billyvegas said:

I am sure I remember ashtrays on tables on one side of the nice outdoor area midship deck 7 where the rattan tables and chairs are, on the Regal  

Definitely not on Regal. Only the aft part of the Regal promenade is the smoking area (alongside the rear lounge). Consequently E7xx (odd-numbers) would be bad choices due to smoke (for that matter, any X7xx odd-number cabin could have issues from that smoking area).