Back to Azamara Questions

Ladys Mom

We have just booked a new Azamara Quest cruise around Scotland for August 2020.  We have not been on Azamara since the days of $5.00 surcharge for specialty restaurants and complementary wine with lunch and dinner.  How do we go about getting our choice for spirits in our suite, and can we get bottles of wine in our suite?  Also, is it worth getting the upgrade package that we are being encouraged to purchase, or should we just stick with the standards?  Much of why we chose this itinerary is the overnight in Edinburgh.  Azamara is the only cruise line that is offering an overnight so that we can go to the military tattoo and the fringe festival.  We are very excited.  Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

It depends what you like to drink as to whether it’s worth buying one of the drinks packages. There’s a list of the included drinks on the website here https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

In addition, you can have any cocktail that can be made with the included spirits. 

2 hours ago, Lady's Mom said:

We have just booked a new Azamara Quest cruise around Scotland for August 2020.  We have not been on Azamara since the days of $5.00 surcharge for specialty restaurants and complementary wine with lunch and dinner.  How do we go about getting our choice for spirits in our suite, and can we get bottles of wine in our suite?  Also, is it worth getting the upgrade package that we are being encouraged to purchase, or should we just stick with the standards?  Much of why we chose this itinerary is the overnight in Edinburgh.  Azamara is the only cruise line that is offering an overnight so that we can go to the military tattoo and the fringe festival.  We are very excited.  Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

In suites you now get 4 half bottles of Whiskey, Gin, Rum and Vodka your Butler will swap any you don’t require but only within that selection. We’ve never wanted too but I believe you can change these for two bottles of wine, I’m sure others could confirm this. 

8 minutes ago, Lady's Mom said:

Thanks for the information.  What exactly is a half bottle of spirits?

The rum is Bacardi Gold and the Gin is Bombay Sapphire, sorry can’t remember the other two as we don’t drink them and always get the butler to swap them day one.

Edited by Riocca

5 minutes ago, Riocca said:

The rum is Bacardi Gold and the Gin is Bombay Sapphire, sorry can’t remember the other two as we don’t drink them and always get the butler to swap them day one.

I gt another rum not Bacardi.  I also get vodka. Not my fave but it is mine.

8 minutes ago, Lady's Mom said:

Thanks.  I have more questions.  If we want to get a table we can eat on for the balcony, can the butler switch it out for the smaller table, or is the table big enough to eat on?

It's big enough to eat on.