Island Cabin PR726 question

Crazy4Cruz'n

Hello fellow cruisers.  I know this is a very specific question, but I'm going to ask anyway on the off chance someone has information.

Has anyone traveled in cabin PR726, a handicapped full suite, on the Island Princess?  This is one of the new cabins that was added to the Island after their refurbishment.  Would love to hear your opinion on this cabin as we are booked in it on the July 10th Alaska sailing.

Thanks for any information!  

6 hours ago, Renmar said:

Google images

Island Princess Cabin: PR727

and you will get the mirror images of PR 726

Theo

Hi Renmar,

As far as I can tell no photo's came across/posted.  Could you please try again? Thanks!

On 6/29/2019 at 12:12 AM, Crazy4Cruz'n said:

Hello fellow cruisers.  I know this is a very specific question, but I'm going to ask anyway on the off chance someone has information.

Has anyone traveled in cabin PR726, a handicapped full suite, on the Island Princess?  This is one of the new cabins that was added to the Island after their refurbishment.  Would love to hear your opinion on this cabin as we are booked in it on the July 10th Alaska sailing.

Hi crazy. My brother and his wife stayed in PR726 in Feb. this year. My mom and myself stayed in PR727 which is the identical suite on opposite side of ship. I have pics below of mine, which like I said is identical to PR726. He had no complaints about the cabin. My suite was awful for noise. The bathroom pipes were constantly making loud noises and about 4 of the 10 days the sewage smell was terrible. If you are in a wheelchair you cannot access the balcony. My mom couldn't get her walker through also. Lots of motion in the back which you may be used to but we were not. That's not the cabins fault. These suites do not have the layout of other suites we stayed in but does have all the perks. If not for the noise, smell and motion I would book it again. Like I said earlier my brother was in PR726 and did not experience these issues.

20190226_090537.jpg

20190226_124305.jpg

20190226_124238.jpg

5 hours ago, mamaboss said:

Hi crazy. My brother and his wife stayed in PR726 in Feb. this year. My mom and myself stayed in PR727 which is the identical suite on opposite side of ship. I have pics below of mine, which like I said is identical to PR726. He had no complaints about the cabin. My suite was awful for noise. The bathroom pipes were constantly making loud noises and about 4 of the 10 days the sewage smell was terrible. If you are in a wheelchair you cannot access the balcony. My mom couldn't get her walker through also. Lots of motion in the back which you may be used to but we were not. That's not the cabins fault. These suites do not have the layout of other suites we stayed in but does have all the perks. If not for the noise, smell and motion I would book it again. Like I said earlier my brother was in PR726 and did not experience these issues.

20190226_090537.jpg

20190226_124305.jpg

20190226_124238.jpg

Thanks so much for the pics and info mamaboss.  I really appreciate it!  May I ask which part of the room the cabin door was in?  Did you enter into the sofa half of the room or the bedroom half?  My guess is sofa half, but want to know for sure.  Glad you enjoyed the perks - that's what we're looking forward to the most!   

14 hours ago, Crazy4Cruz'n said:

Thanks so much for the pics and info mamaboss.  I really appreciate it!  May I ask which part of the room the cabin door was in?  Did you enter into the sofa half of the room or the bedroom half?  My guess is sofa half, but want to know for sure.  Glad you enjoyed the perks - that's what we're looking forward to the most!   

You are very welcome! I also could not find any info on these suites before we sailed, so happy to help. You are correct, cabin door is just behind my mom's head in pic 3.  I'm posting another pic I found that shows the closets and door to bath area and a view from the balcony. Cabin door is between the couch and these closets. Glad you booked 726 instead of 727, you will love it! Enjoy your cruise!

20190227_155721.jpg

20190226_124333.jpg

5 hours ago, mamaboss said:

You are very welcome! I also could not find any info on these suites before we sailed, so happy to help. You are correct, cabin door is just behind my mom's head in pic 3.  I'm posting another pic I found that shows the closets and door to bath area and a view from the balcony. Cabin door is between the couch and these closets. Glad you booked 726 instead of 727, you will love it! Enjoy your cruise!

20190227_155721.jpg

20190226_124333.jpg

Great pics - thanks again!  Looks like there's plenty of closet space.  There will be 3 of us in the cabin - hope we'll have enough room.   Did your mom go out on the balcony with your help (or a cane)?   I hope she was able to enjoy the view - it's spectacular.  I know when I get back I'm going to post pics/video of the cabin for future cruisers that want to see it.  I, like you, had a very difficult time finding anything on these cabins.  I'm so glad I finally decided to post and grateful to you for taking the time to find the photo's and post them!

1 hour ago, Crazy4Cruz'n said:

Great pics - thanks again!  Looks like there's plenty of closet space.  There will be 3 of us in the cabin - hope we'll have enough room.   Did your mom go out on the balcony with your help (or a cane)?   I hope she was able to enjoy the view - it's spectacular.  I know when I get back I'm going to post pics/video of the cabin for future cruisers that want to see it.  I, like you, had a very difficult time finding anything on these cabins.  I'm so glad I finally decided to post and grateful to you for taking the time to find the photo's and post them!

She did sit out a couple times but noise of the wake bothered her hearing aids. You can enjoy that view from inside the cabin too. It was beaùtiful!

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:12 AM, Crazy4Cruz'n said:

Yes,We were in  that cabin in May, it was very nice, very large. Balcony was small, only a table and two chairs, but being on the back of the ship was great.  Enjoy it, You will have warmer days then we did, only high 50's.  

7 hours ago, lakes15 said:

Yes,We were in  that cabin in May, it was very nice, very large. Balcony was small, only a table and two chairs, but being on the back of the ship was great.  Enjoy it, You will have warmer days then we did, only high 50's.  

Thanks for the good info!  We leave tomorrow for our land portion prior to the cruise.  Really looking forward to the trip.  I thought the balcony looked a lot smaller than other suite cabins - oh well.  There are 3 of us in this cabin though, so I hope the steward will be able to locate one more chair for us!  I saw our weather - HOT!  Fairbanks is supposed to be in the high 80's!!  I guess I shouldn't complain - we're from AZ - and today's high was 107, so it will be a little bit cooler for us, but with humidity that we don't get.  Gotta make the best of things!  ☀️

• 3 weeks later...

We're back from our Alaskan cruise on the Island Princess and I know others have been trying to find out more information on Suite #PR726, just like I was prior to our cruise, so I did a quick video of the cabin when we first got to it.  Hopefully if anyone else is still wondering what this suite looks like this will help them.  This is an aft handicapped suite.  Enjoy.  If anyone has questions about the suite please ask. Hopefully this video works!

Island Princess Suite PR726.wlmp

Edited by Crazy4Cruz'n

• 2 months later...

Thank you Crazy4Cruz’n.  This is helpful.  We have a Panama Canal cruise in this cabin next month and I wanted to make sure it was not going to smell or be loud etc.  It appears that the balcony is smaller and there will be 3 of us in the cabin.

Your video doesn’t work but I’m just going off the pictures that someone else posted earlier.

Thanks! 

Melissa

• 2 months later...

Thanks for posting the video.  You are right very little info on line about these 2 suites. My daughter and I are in pr726 in Dec 2020. Wondering if you could answer a couple of questions?  Is there a roof over the balcony or is it open to the sky? Does the door slide or open like a regular door? Is there a butler? Haven't seem to find anything online that Princess uses butlers.  What kinds of amenities did you get with the suite?  Any tips about dining we should be aware of.  Did you ever order rooms service and if so did you photo any of the menu's?

Thanks.

Norma

Check out cruisedeckplans.com and you can see more pictures of this suite (and lots of other cabins).  There is also a link to a page of information that tells about the balcony coverage situation.  No butlers.  If you check out the princess web site you can get information about the suite amenities.  In a suite, you can order room service from the dining room menu.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 10:41 PM, h20cruzer said:

Thanks for posting the video.  You are right very little info on line about these 2 suites. My daughter and I are in pr726 in Dec 2020. Wondering if you could answer a couple of questions?  Is there a roof over the balcony or is it open to the sky? Does the door slide or open like a regular door? Is there a butler? Haven't seem to find anything online that Princess uses butlers.  What kinds of amenities did you get with the suite?  Any tips about dining we should be aware of.  Did you ever order rooms service and if so did you photo any of the menu's?

Thanks.

Norma

Hi Norma,

You're welcome.  There is a roof over the balcony and the balcony is very nice.  There was plenty of room for the three od us when we went.  The door slides to the side to open and there is a 'lip' to it, that's why they say it's not an accessible balcony - the door is too skinny for a wheelchair, but my mother was able to get out onto it with our help (she uses a walker full time). There is no butler like some other cruise lines, but you have a very attentive room steward. Some of the benefits are morning breakfast in a separate area from everyone else (think it was Sabatini's) for suite passengers only, a pillow menu, mini bar set-up (if you don't drink you can trade in the alcohol for soda, juice, etc., free dinner in a specialty restaurant, free laundry and ironing if you need it, flowers in the room, fruit basket in the room that will be refreshed with whatever you ask for, expanded room service menu (and you can get the actual meal from the dining room that is offered that day if you choose), upgraded bathroom lotion, shampoo, etc.  I'm sure there's more that I've forgotten, but those are what I can remember.  The separate breakfast was the best, no buffet - YAY!  If you look on Princess.com you can find the list of suite amenities and all will be listed for you.  No real tips on dining room accept that you get seated in a smaller area of the dining room they call 'club class', so your dinner gets to you quicker that the regular dining and you have an expanded menu for dinner also (more yummies to shoode from!).  I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please ask.  Have a wonderful cruise!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

We had this cabin booked for October 2021 and sadly it is cancelled. It looks as though PR727 is the only similar cabin available for October 2022; from your experience I'm not sure I want that. Did you get any explanations re the pipe sounds and sewage smells.

Thanks