QV Laundry Service

TV Dad

Does Cunard QV offer bulk laundry service by the bag, or just piece by piece? Are there discounts for Queens Grille passengers?

Thanks, in advance, to all the kind folks who will tell me there are complimentary launderettes on board or they just wash their socks in the sink. I really just want to know about the laundry service pricing. 

Note also that if your account has unsoent onboard credit, the Platinum/Diamond laundry discount isn't applied.

I was lucky (?) that my onboard credit had been depleted by the time my formal shirt was laundered on this month's crossings.

Her indoors likes to pop the smalls into the self service laundry on our way to breakfast and collect them on the way back. Always seems to work as we get up early and the laundries are usually empty at 8:00am.

Although I always take at least 20 shirts (24 in November), I end up getting about 10 laundered which costs less than £50. You're on holiday, so what does it matter. When I bring home some that I've never worn, I'm always told not to bring so many in future, but I like a choice!

Haven't seen the 30 items offer for a few years.

The only benefit in QG is that the butler takes the bag away and hangs them back up on their return.

5 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Prices are here, there is a loyalty club discount but not a Grills discount. There may be bag offers on longer cruises but I haven't noticed them often.

Host  Hattie: Do you know what the loyalty discount is? I believe I am a platinum member. 

12 minutes ago, TV Dad said:

Host  Hattie: Do you know what the loyalty discount is? I believe I am a platinum member. 

From the Cunard website

20% Savings will be applied after any allocated non-refundable on board spending money has been used.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

From the Cunard website

20% Savings will be applied after any allocated non-refundable on board spending money has been used.

Thank you Host Hattie. That helps. I need to blow my on board credit before I run out of clean undies! 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TV Dad said:

On another thread you posted that this is your first Cunard cruise, are you sure you are platinum ?

17 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

On another thread you posted that this is your first Cunard cruise, are you sure you are platinum ? 

This is my first Cunard Cruise, and I am not 100% sure I am  supposed to be platinum.

However, That's what it says on my voyage personalizer. Platinum!

I called Cunard's 800 number to question it and the rep told me it probably was carryover credit from another cruise line. He also said not to worry about it, so I have taken his advice. 

Truthfully, my loyalty level doesn't really matter to me. Sailing Cunard in the Queen's Grille has been on my bucket list for 25 years. My dad used to tell me stories about the  opulent dining experience. So I wanted to try it once.  This will probably be my only Cunard cruise, unless we fall in love with splendor of the experience. I prefer smaller ships like those of Seabourn and Silversea. 

By the way: Thanks for all your help. You've been great!

• Like 1

Thanks, I remember previous posters who had loyalty points from sailings on Seabourn now you mention it.

The benefits aren't great, the free internet minutes are the most useful to us.

Have a great time

If your e-documents say Platinum it entitles you to use the VIP check-in queue. If your check-in looks anything like Hamburg did last week (where the regular queue nearly went out the door and the VIP queue was literally empty) you may wish to take advantage of the status upgrade.

• Like 2

Small items like socks etc are really expensive to have washed.  I normally do one or two loads of laundry mid cruise - i'd rather spend the money saved on a nice bottle of wine or something.

23 hours ago, Underwatr said:

If your e-documents say Platinum it entitles you to use the VIP check-in queue. If your check-in looks anything like Hamburg did last week (where the regular queue nearly went out the door and the VIP queue was literally empty) you may wish to take advantage of the status upgrade.

I suspect between platinum level loyalty and Queens Grill suite status, we should be okay. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:18 AM, exlondoner said:

Don't me recall ever getting a QG discount. 

Do recall occasional offers along the lines of 20 items for $40, (figures may be wrong), but it's not something you can rely on. 

Yes they did offer a one time bag of 20 items for $40.

• Like 1

Last year we had the 20 item offer. We were on b2b cruises, Baltic and Med. The info was in a flyer with the next days programme. Don't know if this went to everyone or only those who had been on for some time. We had this offer after 31/2 weeks on board.