quick 40,000 UAL miles

Hawaiidan

21 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

I said I wouldn't reply but you imply that Oregon is a frontier state. No I live a lot of the year in the SF bay area and in OC and prices at Safeway are no different than in our stores in Oregon. We have Whole Foods and TJ and most of the same outlets you have- except I'd appreciate a Pavilions- and prices on most things are actually cheaper. I have a 911 and Costco doesn't even sell tires to fit. But online Tirerack has the same tires the dealer recommended at 75% of the cost.

You could have missed a chance to save money there.

The point is while Costco may not save you money, others here might appreciate how they can save money to buy airfare. None of us who frequent it have a "love affair" with it. But we appreciate saving money.

But make no mistake, we've all heard repeatedly that you LIKE MILES and that COSTCO doesn't work for you.

No one could touch the dealers price...not Tire rack or anyone ....  that was a surprise.!!!!!...  no loss plus the dealer did mounting, new sensors and alignment included.+a free Panamera loaner car  for the day  !!!  No complaint.       Say,  How much can you fit in your trunk... bet its more than  A Caymen

Not to imply Oregon is rural...  however MUCH  of it is  form My experience.  But So is California....  + obscene taxes

Prices in Riverside county are 25% or more cheaper than Orange or LA.   and I used to live in Marin and they sure as heck are better here.   Dont have a whole food or-" TJ?"  dont know that, Pavilions?   Got a food for less an Walmart. .      I appreciate saving... but all things considered Costco  or Sam or the like would cost me more in the big picture... I  cant utilize what they offer so they would actually cost me.

Ill stick to buying from UAL   Hey $5.60  for a business  class ticket to Zurich  is tough to beat.

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Why not use Dayton  or Indy.

Indianapolis is over a two-hour drive each way from my home.  I often used Dayton in the old days 15 years ago and more when Cincinnati flights were sky high and I travelled a great deal domestically for business.  However, now Cincinnati usually is the best price, I fly often to Europe and Dayton is very small.

4 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Unfortunately no - Ultimate Rewards points earned by CSR card do not transfer to Delta.

In addition, Delta has historically been the worst US airline for awards earning the Sky Miles the ignominious name of Sky Pesos (although it is a very good airline).

That said, AA & UA are taking lessons from Delta and are not too far behind now in poor availability of awards.

Thanks for your prompt response, Paul.  I was afraid that was going to be your answer.  

I believe that we have done very well in the last couple of years using our Delta SkyMiles (AMEX) card for accumulating SkyMiles to redeem for flights to and from Europe, probably because we never go there in prime tourist season.  This year alone, we used what I consider a very reasonable number of miles for ourJanuary, May and (upcoming) September trips.  Our last remaining direct overnight flight to CDG is so very convenient!

4 hours ago, Petoonya said:

But we appreciate saving money.

Petoonya, I've only recently returned to this site but I've already found that there are those who have a closed mind to all sorts of things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clo said:

Petoonya, I've only recently returned to this site but I've already found that there are those who have a closed mind to all sorts of things.

Thanks Clo. Whew, I feel better.

And won't acknowledge when their argument has exhausted itself.

You are an angel.

• Haha 1