Aruba in December on the Carnival Magic

My husband and I are sailing on the Magic in December and one of our port stops is Aruba.

I looked through the ship excursions and none of them jumped out at me.

What would you recommend doing while we're there? This is my first time to Aruba.

There are lots of nice beaches in Aruba. We spent our day at Flamingo Island last month and had a blast. Then we came back, showered, and went shopping around town. Ate dinner and went back to the ship when it was time. 

Spent a week in Aruba.  Rented a car and toured the entire island.  Really enjoyed it.  If you are only there for a few hours, then Aruba is all about beaches.   There are many nice public  beaches, a few with facilities.  I'd recommend catching a cab and going to Palm Beach... you can rent a beach lounger for a few dollars  (yes, there are some free as well), and lots of restaurants with food, drinks, etc.

oh... and in case you were not aware...  English spoken everywhere, and US dollars universally accepted (the entire island uses the same exchange rate, so no matter where you are the dollar value is the same)

I would take a bus or cab to Eagle or Palm Beach. IMO Aruba has the most beautiful beaches!  You can walk forever down the beach.  Plenty of beach bars to stop in for food/drinks.  If you get eaten alive by bugs like me I would pack bug spray. I use Cactus Juice. My first time there I had prob 100 bites from some type of sand flea and my husband had not one.