Beach at Jack's Shack

Lawag95

My wife and I are visiting Grand Turk in January '20 for the first time.  I am hoping to go on an excursion through the ship and dive the Grand Turk Wall.  My wife does not dive and was thinking she could chill out at Jack's Shack until I get done with my dives.  Is there a beach in front of Jack's Shack she can relax at?  Any loungers?

I'm guessing that my excursion ends around 12:30 and the ship leaves at 3:00.  Would there be time for me to walk down to Jack's and have lunch with her before we left?

Thanks!

Absolutely!  We booked a snorkeling excursion outside of the ship and we were done at about 2:00 p.m.. It was an easy walk down to Jack's beach where I met some other people that did not go on the excursion. We had lunch and hung out on the beach until it was time to go.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tigergenesis said:

Absolutely!  We booked a snorkeling excursion outside of the ship and we were done at about 2:00 p.m.. It was an easy walk down to Jack's beach where I met some other people that did not go on the excursion. We had lunch and hung out on the beach until it was time to go.

So, worse case scenario if I was brought back by the dive shop to the cruise port by 1:00.... then I should still have time to walk down to Jack's, grab lunch, and get back in time to leave at 3:00?

That jerk chicken sounds great after a dive!

In Grand Turk everything is close by, and actually the beach in front of Jack's is the best and most relaxing. You wife can play with the dogs while she is waiting for you, lie on the loungers and relax and have a drink 🙂

Don’t forget that if your ship leaves at 3, you have to be on board by 2:30. Sounds a little tight to me, but maybe that’s just me. I’m the one at the airport 2 hours early always. Lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just heard back from Oasis, they stop near Jack's Shack on the return trip after the dives to drop off gear and I'm more than welcome to hop off at that point and walk on over to Jack's.  Should be able to grab lunch with my wife and walk back to the ship with her.... perfect!

51 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Just don't expect quick service at Jack's Shack. They're on island time. It may take 30 minutes once you sit down for anyone to come take your order. Then another 45 minutes for your food to come. 

That's a recent post hurricanes issue. Getting to  be too popular. 

6 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

That's a recent post hurricanes issue. Getting to  be too popular. 

I know, it used to be a wonderful place to go with great service. Now too many people know about it and it seems everyone goes there, except the new cruisers who stay at Margaritaville. We went last month and after sitting there for 30 minutes, we left. Nobody ever acknowledged we were there. The table beside of us was complaining as well because they had been there for over an hour and not gotten their food yet.