Ideas for Juneau

POF1234

I just got back from back-to-back cruises on a Princess ship. The first day in Juneau, I took one of the shuttles to Mendenhall Glacier. On my second day in Juneau on the southbound cruise, I went to the State Museum and enjoyed it a lot. I had time to walk from there to the whale sculpture, walk up to see the governor's mansion and capitol (but it was closed since it was Sunday), stop at shops along the way, and eat salmon chowder and a king crab taco from a couple of the food stands.

Wow - thanks everyone, I've been tied up at work, so I apologize for taking so long to get back.  

Glad to hear about the Deckhand Dave's move - they were on my short list as was twisted fish.  

I'm too much of a chicken to ride the Tramway ! It's way too high.  

The museum and the art gallery are great to know about as well as Sealaska.  

I'm on the fence with mendenhall - there are 5 ships in Juneau that day -  I fear it will be like grand central station.  

DH picked the evening tour, he's an amateur photographer ( although does phenomenal work ).  He prefers the light that time of day.  

We live in New England and have very easy access to whale watching in that area ( and have gone to Canada as well ).  So - its not a once in a lifetime opportunity.  

We are on Royal Princess - Connesuir tour leaving Aug 31 ( 12 day tour ) 

• Like 2