4th of July - price drops?

Curious if anyone in past years has observed 4th of July price drops, sales, whatever you wish to call it. My experience is that it’s a crapshoot, but hoping a seasoned NCL shopper can weigh in. I’m ready to buy a last minute cabin, but wondering if I should wait until tomorrow.

When are you planning to sail - ? ? ?

Tomorrow - it may be the best time to buy - fares are not going to change much in the last few days before sailing

going up if the ship is sailing full

6 months from now - the trend would be for fares to increase but there maybe seasonal dips in the meantime

factor summer Alaska & the Baltic - winter Caribbean - shoulder season Mediterranean - ship positioning cruises

more than a year - is anyone's guess but historically fares go up unless there is a lot of competition thinking of

spring break

Other factors new ship inaugural sailing - once or twice a year in specific markets South America

A crapshoot heck YES - also consider if you are going to need air transportation to/from the port and the fares for that ! 

Get out your Ouija board and Magic *8* ball and see if you can beat the NCL odds.

Noticed you are signing on from Orlando - so your cruise interests would be with the cruises out of

Miami or other east coast Florida cities - so air would not be a factor.

Miami the cruise capitol of the world offers a lot of choices options !

Edited by don't-use-real-name

2 minutes ago, FaithPlus1 said:

I didn't see any for the ship and the date I want

Neither did I. The one I was watching dropped steadily over the last 2 weeks and has sat still for a few days now. I figured what the heck, I'll see if it drops on the 4th, but no luck. No problem though, still scored a great deal.

11 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

Neither did I. The one I was watching dropped steadily over the last 2 weeks and has sat still for a few days now. I figured what the heck, I'll see if it drops on the 4th, but no luck. No problem though, still scored a great deal.

I've been watching the date I want since around June 20. My first choice sailing which was in June dropped dramatically a few days before the cruise. It was $299 before taxes and fees for a sailaway interior and right before that $349. Unfortunately I couldn't book it due to family. 

I've been watching the one that leaves at the end of July. I saw it go from $599, to now $649. I'm waiting for it to drop to $349. I already booked a one way ticket so if for whatever reason I don't get on the ship, I will enjoy my day in the Pacific NW!😁

3 minutes ago, FaithPlus1 said:

I've been watching the date I want since around June 20. My first choice sailing which was in June dropped dramatically a few days before the cruise. It was $299 before taxes and fees for a sailaway interior and right before that $349. Unfortunately I couldn't book it due to family. 

I've been watching the one that leaves at the end of July. I saw it go from $599, to now $649. I'm waiting for it to drop to $349. I already booked a one way ticket so if for whatever reason I don't get on the ship, I will enjoy my day in the Pacific NW!

I grabbed the 7/19 sailing, $379 with $60 OBC from travel agent's company. Since I've been watching, none of the 3 nighters have dropped lower than $349. In fact the one sailing next Friday jumped from $349 to $399 a few days ago. Ever since NCL announced the open bar is going away, I think people are scooping up these last few sailings while it lasts. This will more than likely be my last time on the Sun because of this. Sailaway rate / open bar combo is just such a great deal. Take that away, and the Sun loses a lot of its appeal, especially next to RC's shiny refitted Mariner of the Seas which is also now in Port Canaveral. Those have been selling out all summer, I hear they've done big things at CocoCay, and the dock was completed earlier this year, so no more tendering. NCL really needs to catch up.

34 minutes ago, FaithPlus1 said:

I've been watching the one that leaves at the end of July. I saw it go from $599, to now $649. I'm waiting for it to drop to $349. I already booked a one way ticket so if for whatever reason I don't get on the ship, I will enjoy my day in the Pacific NW!😁

Since it appears you are looking at Alaska.   Being open to any of the 3 cruises would provide more success potential.    I’m waiting out for next month on the Jewel and hope to grab at least a couple sailings.    

4 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Since it appears you are looking at Alaska.   Being open to any of the 3 cruises would provide more success potential.    I’m waiting out for next month on the Jewel and hope to grab at least a couple sailings.    

I'm  a bit limited on dates.