help with YVR procedures

U S citizens (with passports and visas not required) flying into YVR from Seattle. Can someone help me understand what steps to do once

we de-plane. Have never flown into Canada. Will either take a taxi or Canada Line after clearance. Kiosks for anyone to use?  Any help will be 

appreciated.

You will go through Canadian Immigration upon deplaning and yes, there are kiosks to use but might have for one to be open.  Then you will make your way to your cruise ship (presuming you're boarding the same day) where you will go through US Border Security before boarding the ship.  If you are arriving the same day your ship departs I hope you have allowed yourself lots of time to make the ship's departure.

Its not that hard, don't over think it.

18 hours ago, INDIANA JOE said:

U S citizens (with passports and visas not required) flying into YVR from Seattle.

1 hour ago, Earl Rosebery said:

You require a passport, passport card (whatever that is) or Nexus card.  I certainly hope you have one .

Earl is absolutely correct. OP,  you definitely require a passport to fly into Canada from the United States. You will be required to show that passport at the airport before you even board the plane. The cruise line may not require a passport, but for air travel between these two countries, you need one.

If we have misunderstood your post, let us know.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

5 hours ago, cruiseryyc said:

You will go through Canadian Immigration upon deplaning and yes, there are kiosks to use but might have for one to be open.  Then you will make your way to your cruise ship (presuming you're boarding the same day) where you will go through US Border Security before boarding the ship.  If you are arriving the same day your ship departs I hope you have allowed yourself lots of time to make the ship's departure.

Its not that hard, don't over think it.

Thanks for the info. Actually flying in 2 days pre-cruise to enjoy Vancouver. Did the Pacific Coastal cruise 9 years ago but flew into Seattle and did Amtrak to Vancouver.

We have valid passport and don't require Visa's so I was just trying to understand ( in my mind) the steps to get thru YVR.

You are probably right about not over thinking anything haha but I am a planner and don't want to screw up things.

4 hours ago, Earl Rosebery said:

You require a passport, passport card (whatever that is) or Nexus card.  I certainly hope you have one .

Thanks Earl. We will have our passports with us as that is the only way we cruise anywhere.

3 hours ago, Langley Cruisers said:

Earl is absolutely correct. OP,  you definitely require a passport to fly into Canada from the United States. You will be required to show that passport at the airport before you even board the plane. The cruise line may not require a passport, but for air travel between these two countries, you need one.

If we have misunderstood your post, let us know.

Thanks Langley. We have valid passports that we carry whenever we cruise anywhere.

I printed off a YVR map to try to see the different terminals, baggage claim, customs, etc were located to get thru YVR

With the fewest hassles.

Been to Canada before but always drove or train from Seattle. Just trying to be prepared.

1 hour ago, INDIANA JOE said:

I printed off a YVR map to try to see the different terminals, baggage claim, customs, etc were located to get thru YVR

With the fewest hassles.

Sounds good. YVR is a beautiful airport and I doubt you will have any problem whatsoever. 😊 Have fun.

Flew into YVR from US in June. You will deplane and flow the signs to customs/baggage claim. For customs they have Kiosks where you enter your info and it prints out. You then take that print off and your passports to an agent. Keep the print off out! You walk a few feet and baggage claim in right there. Pick up your luggage and then go to exit with your luggage and another agent will take your print off as you exit baggage claim. 

We were through everything within 30 minutes. Note our plane landed at about 10PM so your time/experience maybe different. Happy travels!

On 7/6/2019 at 9:04 PM, MNshortie21 said:

Flew into YVR from US in June. You will deplane and flow the signs to customs/baggage claim. For customs they have Kiosks where you enter your info and it prints out. You then take that print off and your passports to an agent. Keep the print off out! You walk a few feet and baggage claim in right there. Pick up your luggage and then go to exit with your luggage and another agent will take your print off as you exit baggage claim. 

We were through everything within 30 minutes. Note our plane landed at about 10PM so your time/experience maybe different. Happy travels!

great info about YVR. Gives me a better idea what to expect and possible time involved getting thru the airport. We land about 6:20 pm on a Saturday in late september