limit to # of drinks per day on drink package?

Jasonmom

On 7/4/2019 at 12:25 PM, Jasonmom said:

I also heard something about some vitamin supplements that you can take and it lessens hangovers. 

I seem to remember NCL sold these (or some similar hangover relief) in the gift shop. 

I watched someone become an annoying, singing drunk in the Haven bar - didn't think anyone could drink that much champagne!

The next day the bartender was discussing having to cut someone off and that how much booze passengers can handle is different for each passenger - then commented how much booze my hubby can drink with no side effects. 

I've noticed Haven bartenders slow down making the drinks if they think someone has had enough but there is no official limit

I don't drink any alcohol and really appreciate a bartender who can make an interesting nonalcoholic drink & don't care how much someone else is drinking - until their behaviour effects other people

I was on a 15 day TA in May and I have to say that I drank ALOT!  I never really got drunk but I did notice that sitting on a bar stool all day does make your ankles swell.  I have been on 25 cruises and this is the very first time I had an issue with my ankle (as it was only the right one).  NCL doesn't cut you off as Carnival does after 15 drinks so that is a good thing at least for me on a TA.  Also since I knew that I would be drinking more than usual I bought some hangover patches that seemed to work.  You just put the patch on your arm a couple of hours before you drink and no hangover.  I also made sure that I drank water before I went to bed and that I had coffee when I woke up.  Thank goodness for the coffee maker in my mini suite as that thing saved my life. 

While they might not count the number of drinks you consume, if you are obviously & visibly intoxicated to the point where you are a danger to yourself & others they will cut you off.  

I was shocked the 1st time we got the UBP.  I had to ask the bartenders to make my drinks weaker.  They overpour IMO.  Sometimes I'd ask for a mixed drink & a glass of the mixer on the side so I could water it down myself.  

• Like 1

I am hoping to try many new drinks.  I'm glad there is no limit 'cause if I order one and then really don't like it I don't need to drink it any way.  I'll try not to be wasteful and order drinks I know I won't like (things with tequila for example).  But I would love to try multiple different rum drinks.  Right now my favorite is simply Malibo rum and pineapple juice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TenForward said:

I seem to remember NCL sold these (or some similar hangover relief) in the gift shop. 

If I recall, there is a whole separate thread on hangover "prevention" patches and one which has been used a lot is Rebound.  I have tried it and it does appear to work.  On my last cruise in March I did an experiment where I put on one on, drank like a fish (could tell since I was sailing our of NOLA and had to pay taxes on each on).  Felt fine the next morning, did a test by not wearing one and I did feel a little out of sorts the next morning.

1 hour ago, imacruiser99 said:

If I recall, there is a whole separate thread on hangover "prevention" patches and one which has been used a lot is Rebound.  I have tried it and it does appear to work.  On my last cruise in March I did an experiment where I put on one on, drank like a fish (could tell since I was sailing our of NOLA and had to pay taxes on each on).  Felt fine the next morning, did a test by not wearing one and I did feel a little out of sorts the next morning.

Once you engage that gyroscope in your sea legs you will be fine no matter how many drinks.

Gee I thought the patch was only for sea sickness smoking and birth control LOL !

Gottas gets one of dem unlimited drinking patches so I too can swim with the fishes.

14 hours ago, trish1c said:

While they might not count the number of drinks you consume, if you are obviously & visibly intoxicated to the point where you are a danger to yourself & others they will cut you off. 

I agree.  It is not the number of drinks, it is the effect.    I know my own limit, but I have found out (by a hangover) that after a dry January,  my body tolerates less alcohol.  By Easter it is back to normal.  

With all those stairs and balconies around, bar staff have to be aware of serving to people who are clearly under the effect of alcohol.  

14 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

I am hoping to try many new drinks.  I'm glad there is no limit 'cause if I order one and then really don't like it I don't need to drink it any way.  I'll try not to be wasteful and order drinks I know I won't like (things with tequila for example).  But I would love to try multiple different rum drinks.  Right now my favorite is simply Malibo rum and pineapple juice.

That is probably one of the fun parts of UBP: you can order drinks you would not normally order and find some really fun ones. When we are paying per drink we are very conservative, sticking only with what we know we like. I would stick with wine mostly and an occasional Martini probably. Now I have fun trying new combinations. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yearsofcruising said:

A ) please know how to limit your intake

B ) my wife limits me to 4 Mudslides before lunch ; 3 in the afternoon

C ) no more than 2 glasses of wine at dinnertime

D ) 1 at showtime

Apparently the way to knowing how to limit your intake is to have a wife.   lol

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

- Some of the venues had some different rum drinks - 5 o clock somewhere bar and Margarittaville (didnt eat just went in to get drinks) had some. Also, the Mojito bar had various interesting ones. 

20 hours ago, imacruiser99 said:

That is the patch that I used.  I bought it on Amazon and it was pretty cheap.  I will always use this product whenever I know that I will be drinking a lot.

On 7/6/2019 at 12:32 PM, imacruiser99 said:

The only way I know how many is when we are in US waters and being taxed on them.  Other than that I have no idea and to be honest, really do not care (unless I fall overboard).  I am on vacation.

Love that response ! I just dont want to get caught looking where I shouldn't..

38 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

What is this?  Looks yummy.

A Raspberry Guava Mojito.

I also love the Rebellious Fish!

Rebellious Fish Recipe

1.  0.75 oz. Passoa passion fruit liqueur.

2.  0.75 oz. Russian Standard vodka.

3.  0.25 oz. triple sec.

4.  2 oz. prosecco.

5.  2 oz. Orange juice.

6.  Fresh berries (garnish)

Rebellious Fish.png

18 hours ago, GA Dave said:

A Raspberry Guava Mojito.

I looked up the recipe for this and it sound good except the club soda part.  Club soda 😛 bad.  I wonder if they would make it but substitute ginger-ale, sprite, or something like that?