Great Tour Guide - Arthur Wade

pjinaz

We did an island tour with Arthur Wade (the cowboy) and he was awesome.  I originally had thought about doing an excursion on a bus with a bunch of people and after reading reviews on Cruise Critic, I found the taxi tour option.  So glad I did.  Arthur was a first class tour guide.  He was quick to answer emails and made me feel comfortable that I had chosen a good guide.  He asked how long we wanted to tour and what we wanted to see.  The tour he took us on surpassed anything we could have imagined.  We saw all the sights plus some things you wouldn't experience on a big tour.  There was a boat race the day we took the tour and he took us to three different boat clubs.  One where the race started and we got to see some of the boats and racers up close, toward the end of the day we went to the boat club where the race ended.  So fun!  Not touristy.  Lots of locals having a great time.  He bought us Dark and Stormy's there and they were so good!  We stopped for lunch in St. Georges and Arthur recommended a fish restaurant.  We invited him to join us and had great fish tacos, on the patio, on the water.  Great food.  He took us to a couple golf courses for beautiful views and great pictures.  Everyone on the island seemed to know Arthur and we felt very welcome everywhere we went.  This would not have been possible on a bus tour or on our own.  We also saw all the sights everyone sees:  smallest draw bridge, pink sand beaches, lighthouse, st. georges, Hamilton, etc.  But with Arthur we saw so much more and I felt like we really got to experience the island.  At the end of the tour he stopped at the boat club he belongs to and bought us a round of drinks before heading back to the ship.  We had fun talking with people in his club.  It really felt like spending a day with a close friend and his friends along the way were so very gracious.  Would definitely recommend Arthur to anyone interested in a great tour of Bermuda.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just reached out to him and he's available for my date.   Looking forward to doing a tour with him. We looked at a cruise line island tour which would have ran us 240 dollars for my husband and I. We could have a private 4 hour trip for that!  And my husband at 6 ft 5 has never been comfy on cruise line excursion buses.  So this looks like a great option to see the island with a local!