DIY Marseille to Aix - do I have enough time?

pjfnme

I posted back in 2019 that I was going to do the DIY ship excursion to Aix. Here is my short review from my records:

Marseilles, France: We were originally going to take the train to Aix-en- Provence, but decided to take a DIY ship excursion instead. Passengers going to Marseilles had to purchase a ship shuttle if they were not on a ship excursion, so this ended up working just fine!

This town is easy to walk and had a Christmas Market going on. It was quiet and just lovely.

There was one disturbing incident onboard this ship excursion bus: a toddler who SCREAMED almost the entire time was obviously sick, but momma just peddled her off on the poor grandma. As we walked around town, we would occasionally hear the baby approaching from a distance.

Ate bakery and coffee and tea at a lovely café.

On 4/10/2022 at 7:11 AM, Markanddonna said:

I posted back in 2019 that I was going to do the DIY ship excursion to Aix. Here is my short review from my records:

Marseilles, France: We were originally going to take the train to Aix-en- Provence, but decided to take a DIY ship excursion instead. Passengers going to Marseilles had to purchase a ship shuttle if they were not on a ship excursion, so this ended up working just fine!

This town is easy to walk and had a Christmas Market going on. It was quiet and just lovely.

There was one disturbing incident onboard this ship excursion bus: a toddler who SCREAMED almost the entire time was obviously sick, but momma just peddled her off on the poor grandma. As we walked around town, we would occasionally hear the baby approaching from a distance.

Ate bakery and coffee and tea at a lovely café.

Thought this last post was worthy of an interesting tidbit.  We are in the Seabourn Ovation which is a cruise line where you will rarely find any children/teens.  A cruise director once recited some anecdotes about the top ten reasons folks love Seabourn.  The one that got the most laughs and applause was “ you will seldom find children on Seabourn.”  That being said, most of us have grown children and grandchildren that are much loved.  But there are times when moving them from a distance has its advantages 😋

Hank

• Like 1