Disney Fantasy getting off the ship early

NJEMT29

What is the earliest you can get off this ship?

Looking to get an early flight from Orlando airport

What is the earliest I can get?

I saw a 10:05 am can I make this flight?

thanks for any help

2 minutes ago, NJEMT29 said:

What is the earliest you can get off this ship?

Looking to get an early flight from Orlando airport

What is the earliest I can get?

I saw a 10:05 am can I make this flight?

thanks for any help

Typically, the ship is cleared for debarkation around 7:30.  It takes around a hour to get to airport.  

That said, it could happen that the ship won't be ready for debarkation until later.  It's possible that there will be a massive traffic jam (accident, wild fire, police pursuit, construction) enroute making the trip longer.  Also, there could be issues with the method of transportation to the airport.

IF the ship docks/clear in time, and IF you get an immediate transport (private limo, shuttle, rental car), and IF there are no issues on the road, and IF you don't have a rental car you need to turn in, and IF there is no giant line at TSA at the airport (yes, I've seen up to an hour delays there), you could make a 10:05 flight.

I wouldn't chance it.  Why ruin a great cruise with a lot of stress the last day?

If you want to have your bags checked in for you by one of participating airlines your flight must be after 11 30. Yes you could make at 10 am flight but I personally wouldn’t chance it. As someone mentioned you would need to walk off ASAP. Have a private ride waiting. Get to airport without traffic no later than 830. If you have to check bags at airport you don’t know how long the line will be. Security at MCO can be long and slow. It would be too stressful for me. But good luck. 

in my most recent cruises from US ports it seems over 50% have plans of being the first off by self assist . . .  

obviously every one can't be first

folks have begun lining up before 5 AM . . . 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Capt_BJ said:

in my most recent cruises from US ports it seems over 50% have plans of being the first off by self assist . . .  

obviously every one can't be first

folks have begun lining up before 5 AM . . . 

Like I said, I just don't want to end a nice cruise with a lot of stress.  I'll just sleep as long as they let me and get off when I have to.  If that means taking a later flight (or even staying overnight to get a cheaper, more direct flight the next morning).

I've been at MCO in time to make a 9:15 flight, but I'd never book that.  I actually had a 12:30 booked, but when we checked in the agent said we could make the earlier flight if we wished, and didn't charge us to change.  There have also been times when I've spent 2 hours in the security line at MCO.  You  MIGHT make the early flight if there is no accident on the highway or other reason for driving delay, if your transportation is ready to leave as soon as you hit the door, if the ship is cleared by Customs at the normal time, if there is no delay in the ship arriving at port, etc.  There are lots of things that can happen, and I've seen most of them on one cruise or another.  

I would not chance a flight before 11.  It just isn't worth the stress.  If you do book earlier, consider in advance what your options will be if you don't make that  early flight.