Regatta forward facing balconies

ozdroggy01

•  
  • ozdroggy01
  • June 26, 2006
  •  
  • 73 posts
  • Sydney

I am interested to hear of any first hand experience regarding the amount of wind that is experienced on any of the forward facing balconies on Regatta, or her sister ships,when steaming at normal cruising speed 18-20 Kts on a calm day, say wind speed 10 kts. Specific suites/cabins are 7004 and 7000 but any "for'ard" experience will do.

Does the sloping shape of the bridge structure deflect the wind upwards and over the balcony or is it generally too windy except when in harbour.

My searches have led me to a couple of aft facing balconies and soot but nothing on those facing forward.

Thanks for any personal experience you may have had.

For any advise on cabins on the R class ships pop over to the Azamara boards Uktog has made a sticky about the cabins and people contribute to it. You can do a search for the individual number however there is also an excel sheet with all the comments.

I think this is the most recent one.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=355520

Happy planning

Rosalyn

We have done ONE in a forward Vista Suite and basically only were able to use our balconies in port.

the other is the solid balcony wall so no sign n e suite looking at the ocean.

Next 12 cruises in an OS on the aft mainly in 7114, used our balcony daily for that amazing wake view even in rain and never experienced soot. As you can see we made our choice......

• Like 1

We had the Vista Suite on Regatta for Alaska. Truly up close and personal for Hubbard Glacier while having lunch served in the Suite. The highlight along with the extra space.

Unless the seas are calm, do not recommend it. SF to Alaska was quite rough and you cannot use the balcony.

We now take the OS AFT.  The best of the best.

48 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

We had the Vista Suite on Regatta for Alaska. Truly up close and personal for Hubbard Glacier while having lunch served in the Suite. The highlight along with the extra space.

Unless the seas are calm, do not recommend it. SF to Alaska was quite rough and you cannot use the balcony.

We now take the OS AFT.  The best of the best.

Had a Vista on Nautica a few years ago and it was very windy on sea days.  On the other hand going up the river to Saigon at slow speed it was great.   Still these days prefer the big ships and the Oceania Suite if we are having a lot of sea days.  Otherwise a PH is great.  Don't think we would do another Vista.  

• Like 1

Thanks to all of you for your opinions. As I expected too windy too often ☹️.

I also found a picture of the door to the balcony with a sign saying "We require to secure all balcony furniture ...while the ship is navigating at sea." So they may even even lock it away.

As usual the info on CC has been invaluable.