Ideas for Maui?

rkcmo

Cruising and on Maui for a day. Have a car and I'm kinda in limbo....aside from eating...going to beautiful beaches and a Luau....what else can I do besides shop or take a tour? Sorry Hawaii posts have over 700 pages and I'm kinda taking a short cut! Thanks in advance...Vicki

I am doing a zipline tour at Kapalua ziplines. Slightly North of Lahaina. They have several options. And one of the few “dual” lines that I have encountered. This means that you and another member of your group ride side by side. 

Any free time will be spent exploring Lahaina.

At night I am doing a luau.

3 hours ago, rkcmo said:

Cruising and on Maui for a day. Have a car and I'm kinda in limbo....aside from eating...going to beautiful beaches and a Luau....what else can I do besides shop or take a tour? Sorry Hawaii posts have over 700 pages and I'm kinda taking a short cut! Thanks in advance...Vicki

Google "101 Things To Do On Maui".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

I am doing a zipline tour at Kapalua ziplines. Slightly North of Lahaina. They have several options. And one of the few “dual” lines that I have encountered. This means that you and another member of your group ride side by side. 

Any free time will be spent exploring Lahaina.

At night I am doing a luau.

Think we are on the same boat Cat....Legend?  Sounds like your zipline will be a fun adventure. We port in Kahalui Bruce...sorry I left that out. We have a car and are planning our day from 9 to 5 now.... Then off to what I hope will be an amazing Luau. Old Lahaina and then straight back to the port for 11 sail away. ( I know drive back is 45 minutes...hoping 2 plus hours won't have us rushed.) Thanks for the input and I have been reading the boards...just soooooo many!

12 hours ago, rkcmo said:

Think we are on the same boat Cat....Legend?  Sounds like your zipline will be a fun adventure. We port in Kahalui Bruce...sorry I left that out. We have a car and are planning our day from 9 to 5 now.... Then off to what I hope will be an amazing Luau. Old Lahaina and then straight back to the port for 11 sail away. ( I know drive back is 45 minutes...hoping 2 plus hours won't have us rushed.) Thanks for the input and I have been reading the boards...just soooooo many!

@rkcmo

I am on the Oosterdam and we tender in Lahaina. Hope you enjoy your visit.

On 7/7/2019 at 9:01 PM, rkcmo said:

We are interested in renting a car as well 9-5 ,attending OLL and then  dropping rental car off before back on the Carnival Miracle at 10:30.  Is this a realistic schedule?  I don't want to be nervous during the Luau about getting back returning the rental car and getting back to the Carnival cruise ship in time.  We too will port in Kahalui. Thanks for advice!

On 7/7/2019 at 8:10 PM, CruiserBruce said:

It would definitely be beneficial to read the board. One thing you might note is there is two possible porting locations on Maui, Kahalui and Lahaina. That would affect recommendations. 

How do you find out which port terminal the ship is using? Are there multiple ports on each island? First visit to Hawaii.

1 hour ago, cenmn18 said:

How do you find out which port terminal the ship is using? Are there multiple ports on each island? First visit to Hawaii.

It should be in the paperwork you get from your cruise line - or your travel agent can get it for you - or you can google the cruise and get the information there.  According to what we just looked at, you will be tendering in to Lahaina here on Maui. and you will be here from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.  Aloha!

Buy or see if your library has Maui Revealed. It's an outstanding guide book and you can read various options/car trips and decide what you like to do. The authors explain why they like or don't like a particular entry. The Revealed books are available for each island. We go to Hawaii often, and always take our Revealed books with us!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RSF Cruiser said:

Buy or see if your library has Maui Revealed. It's an outstanding guide book and you can read various options/car trips and decide what you like to do. The authors explain why they like or don't like a particular entry. The Revealed books are available for each island. We go to Hawaii often, and always take our Revealed books with us!

Great suggestion...looked on Ebay ...may buy all used and get my highlighter ready!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:59 PM, rkcmo said:

We go to Maui every year. We love it so much, we won't cruise there.  One idea that we enjoyed so much one yr to celebrate our anniversary, was to take a helicopter tour. They have different areas of Maui you can visit, or a longer trip. Many operators to use. Something we'll never forget!
So much to there and visit. Everyone is different. What one may like to do, you may not. 

I agree about the Maui Revealed. So many little places to visit. Enjoy...Aloha!

• Like 1