Gym on Brittania

Suebiker

Hi - just wondering if anyone knows if teenagers are allowed to use the gym on Brittania.  My daughter swim's competitively and wants to keep up her fitness whilst she is away.  Just wondering if they would let a 13 year old in the gym (Supervised obviously!)  Or is it adult only? 

Thanks in advance

13 hours ago, Suebiker said:

Hi - just wondering if anyone knows if teenagers are allowed to use the gym on Brittania.  My daughter swim's competitively and wants to keep up her fitness whilst she is away.  Just wondering if they would let a 13 year old in the gym (Supervised obviously!)  Or is it adult only? 

Thanks in advance

It says,14 - 16 year olds must be accompanied and only over 16s can use weights.

52 minutes ago, Suebiker said:

Thank you. I have been struggling to find the info. Many thanks

If she has the build of Sharon Davies when she was a teen,you might not be questioned.

I have seen teenagers in there before and as there generally not that many staff about and your there as well i think you will be fine. If you did get questions just be honest and explain why I'm sure it would be fine as long as your not hogging any particular machines..

I have sailed alone on P&O with my daughter around this age with no problems.  It helps if they know procedures like  wearing appropriate clothes, footwear in particular, using the wipes to clean the equipment before and after, use towels and hydrate with water, take a bottle. You just supervise each bit of kit and make sure they are doing things correctly. Don't let them lift weights or adjust machines with excessive loads. You could also work out if you wanted supervising from adjacent equipment.

The only problem I ever had was just after first sitting finishes on formal nights with me wearing a tuxedo and her just after first sitting insisting on getting changed into her sports clothes dragging me up there.  A load of musclebound young crewmen seem to turn up around this time as the place is otherwise empty. Daughter tries to dissociate herself from me. I am wondering if these young men are thinking I am a lonely old man on his own wearing a tuxedo just watching the boys. I mean why would anyone sit in the gym wearing a tuxedo spectating?  This scenario will not affect Sue.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

On 10 July 2019 at 11:16 PM, john watson said:

I have sailed alone on P&O with my daughter around this age with no problems.  It helps if they know procedures like  wearing appropriate clothes, footwear in particular, using the wipes to clean the equipment before and after, use towels and hydrate with water, take a bottle. You just supervise each bit of kit and make sure they are doing things correctly. Don't let them lift weights or adjust machines with excessive loads. You could also work out if you wanted supervising from adjacent equipment.

The only problem I ever had was just after first sitting finishes on formal nights with me wearing a tuxedo and her just after first sitting insisting on getting changed into her sports clothes dragging me up there.  A load of musclebound young crewmen seem to turn up around this time as the place is otherwise empty. Daughter tries to dissociate herself from me. I am wondering if these young men are thinking I am a lonely old man on his own wearing a tuxedo just watching the boys. I mean why would anyone sit in the gym wearing a tuxedo spectating?  This scenario will not affect Sue.

Regards John

Ha ha, what an image John.

Do the rules not reverse? You cannot wear gym wear in the mdr, so surely you can't wear your tux in the gym?😀

Andy