Carnival Western Carribean May 1992???

My Mom is trying to figure out what her first cruise ship was..... it was a May (Mothers Day) 1992 cruise on Carnival to the Western Carribean.    I narrowed it down to the Ecstasy, but she doesn't think that was it.   She thinks she sailed from Ft Lauderdale?    Any ideas?  

Could she have cruised on the Holiday?  June 1992 was our first cruise (honeymoon) and I still have the brochure, so just grabbed it and am looking at it now.  Carnival had both the Holiday and the Ecstasy doing western Caribbean cruises out of Miami.  The Mardi Gras and Carnivale were sailing out of Port Canaveral to the Bahamas.  There were no itineraries showing ships sailing out of Fort Lauderdale.  My SIL/BIL sailed on the Holiday in September 1992 (shortly after Hurricane Andrew hit), and their itinerary was the western Caribbean.  Ocho Rios; Grand Cayman; Cozumel was the itinerary Holiday did. 

Edited by pghsteelerfan

I have to agree - no mention in this history of Port Everglades of Carnival during the 1990's except for emergency during Hurricane Dennis - Fantasy class ships homeported in Port Canaveral diverted and accommodated on short notice.

Several other lines mentioned, though, including Celebrity, Holland America, Princess, Costa, and others.

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Everglades_A_Century_of_Opportunity_for_Web_ADA_6820a847-a20c-4350-90e0-258bd2d33ce8.pdf