Excursions: "25% Off Onboard Prices"

On our upcoming cruise in 4 months, RC are showing "25% off onboard prices" on the 2 scuba diving excursions that we're looking at:

$95 for Cozumel

$97 for Grand Cayman

"Price shown reflects your discount"

When we dive as a family, we usually use local Cozumel dive shop which charges $65.

When diving just myself, I use the ship's diving excursion.  Carnival charges both prepaid & onboard pricing at $85, with no advance purchase 25% discount nor 50% off BOGO promo BS.

So just wondering that onboard excursion prices really more expensive if I wait to purchase onboard...?

"rcount

10 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

So just wondering that onboard excursion prices really more expensive if I wait to purchase onboard...?

"rcount

Possibly, but there's no way to be sure.

They will be more on board. You can always book now and can cancel on board if your plans change. I believe you can cancel 24 hours in advance for full refund (but check current policy). We have canceled dives when seas and visibility were not going to be good enough, especially when diving with our kids.

1 minute ago, JuliaMS said:

They will be more on board. You can always book now and can cancel on board if your plans change. I believe you can cancel 24 hours in advance for full refund (but check current policy). We have canceled dives when seas and visibility were not going to be good enough, especially when diving with our kids.

I think the onboard cancel period is now 48 hours before the excursion.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 3:06 PM, NavyCruiser said:

Dang.  

Discount just decreased from 25% off to 20% off, so price increased 5%...

May or may not have actually changed.  The % off tends to be pretty much random numbers.  Go only by the price.  Book when you see a price that is acceptable.  You can cancel (from the Order History link) at any time and rebook if you see a better price.  Sometimes the excursion will not show up in the list but you can normally see both the price you paid and the current price from Order History.